Character Build Advice

Apok

First Post
Okay, let's cut right to the quick of this.

Our DM has announced his intention to run a D&D game using the Gestalt rules from Unearthed Arcana sometime in the near future. We'll be starting at 1st level and I was hoping to elicit some advice from the good people of this forum.

My basic idea is to build a seagoing swashbuckler type character, your typical light-armored fighter focusing on quickness and crazy stunts to see him through combat. Since this is a Gestalt game, each level you get to take two classes and combine them into one, getting the best bennies of both. What I'm looking for is suggestions on how to best go about making such a character.

After looking at the Swashbuclker core-class from Complete Warrior, I'm fairly convinced that I'll be using it as one of my primary classes, but I'm at a loss with what to mix it with.

So, any ideas or suggestions as to how I should build this guy? Feel free to take into account skills, feats, future level planning, etc.

(questions on character builds usually go in the Rules Forum)

Hm. Swashbuckler does indeed take care of all your lightly-armored, stunt-happy fighter needs. How to complement it?

My suggestion would probably be Bard, whose artistic medium would be singing, lyrical declamation, rising speeches, and sharp wit.

Unless you expose another facet of your character, I'm afraid I can't help you more than that...

AR

milotha

First Post
If you don't want to add in a primary spellcasting class, I'd go with Rogue. It gives you great skills, skill points per level, good feats, and sneak attack. All of these can be great for a lightly armoured, stunt happy type.

Kilmore

First Post
For the swashbuckling man in motion, you just might want to give the monk a looksee. Even explaining a swashbuckling monk may help create an enduring character

Elder-Basilisk

First Post
Dartagnan from Musketeer. No further explanation necessary. (Just because it says monk on your character sheet doesn't mean you're a shaven headed, saffron robe wearing east-asian martial artist).

Kilmore said:
For the swashbuckling man in motion, you just might want to give the monk a looksee. Even explaining a swashbuckling monk may help create an enduring character

Remove ads