Character Builder Beta available

Hawke

Explorer
Okay... so I just rewrote my next sessions encounters using NPCs made with this. Yeah, I know, it isn't exactly what it's intended for... but throwing on some high level magical equipment to give adequate bonuses and fudging the HP has got me a nice gnome assault party including an illusionist. Yeah I'm using the numbers from the DMG but it's nice having the powers handy.

Edit: That said... it sure would be nice to eventually have a mode or separate tool to build DMG-spec NPC.

garyh

First Post
Primo does allow you to append to pdfs. Just give the next page the same file name and tell it to append.

Now all I need is the paypal subscription option :.-(

Phaezen

Thanks! Still awkward, but appending is workable.

Hope they get the PayPal active soon! I remember reading it was on the way.

Hawke

Explorer
I noticed the Swordmage Dimensional Thunder power the "teleport a number of squares equal to your constitution modifier" isn't calculated. It'll be nice when the minor effects like that are auto calculated both on the power cards and in the power selection previews.

When creating that guy I was shocked there wasn't a feat already that extended your fey step.

Thasmodious

First Post
For those of you having trouble with the .net install - the progress bar seems to mean nothing. Mine filled in a few seconds and then it just sat there. I went back and read my Google Reader for about 10 minutes before I got a popup telling me restart, then the install finished just fine. In the install notes after you reboot it warns you that the .net install can take 20 minutes.

So once you start it, just let it run until it either fails or complete.

I've been told that .NET 4.0 is not really .NET, but a WoW clone (with some anime, a pinch of miniature wargame and a shade of CCG). Is that true?

:D

I looked into the future of C# and the plans for .NET 4.0 on the PDC, and I am afraid it's all true. They even have this new gaming programming language coming out from Microsoft Research aimed at CHILDREN! They want kids to program software! Microsoft is firing me as an ISV!

Eccles

Ragged idiot in a trilby.
OK. I'm reasonably OK with a computer, but without the link to the MSN page with .net on it, I'd be flummoxed.

The inbuilt .net downloader failed for some reason (probably due to my %&%£* firewall).

So then the D&DI downloader told me it was "probably" because I'd cancelled the download, and switched itself off.

Hopefully get there soon...

Eccles

Ragged idiot in a trilby.
Awww! Isn't it sweet!

.Net just told me it's downloaded and I can disconnect from the internet!

Awww...

(Seriously? *is* there still dial up?)

Remove ads