Character Builder Beta available

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Another options is to send me your ideas or designs for character sheets and we will make the best/most popular one for you.

That would be the really cool option - thanks, Mike! :)

Personally, I'd prefer a more open format with less ink used for headings. The format you used for the character sheets in H1 would be a good starting point.

Cheers!

garyh

First Post
mdonais@wizards.com

By the way, bugs aside, thanks for all the positive feedback from people who have tried it out. Very encouraging!

--
Mike.

Thanks for coming here and listening to our feedback!

Will a way to export the files to a shareable format be implemented at some point? If I'm playing and my DM isn't a subscriber, there's no way to digitally give them my character sheet, baring crazy workarounds with printing to PDF, as I outlined earlier (most problematic being that the character sheet sends as many print jobs to the printer as there are pages, making it impossible to print to PDF in a single file).

Thanks again for any info you can provide!

SlyFlourish

SlyFlourish.com
Supporter
VMware Fusion

I'm trying to get it working on VMWare Fusion on my mac. I can get it installed but when I get inside I see garbage text in all of the fields where there should be things like "Elf" I see all sorts of other strange text.

Anyone selse seeing this or anyone else got it to work on a mac running VMWare Fusion?

Asmor

First Post
I'm pleasantly surprised by it. Kudos! Also can't wait for it to come out in full... I wonder if my players would resent me knocking them down 10 levels so that they could use it now? :D

You're mad! But in a good way. :)

I love the character builder; I think my players will adore it. I'd prefer a "lighter" format for the stats, but it is looking pretty good so far.

Cheers!

There is a minor way to cheat the stat system, though it isn't perfect. Simply use the "roll" option until you get a 7 or less in one of the dump stats of the character in question, preferably the stat that the least mechanics are based off of for your character. You can then customize the other five stats until your heart's content. Then, after printing, simply replace the dump stat with an 8 or 10 and adjust accordingly.

Its definitely not perfect, but its the best option available.

EDIT: Just got word from the designers at Gleemax. You can simply type in your stats in the white boxes. Never would have occurred to me to do that.

Last edited:

Remove ads