• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Builder is Live

Nebulous

Legend
If you have adobe acrobat, it should probably have installed an "Acrobat PDF" printer driver - so you select that as your printer when you print from the application and Bob is the brother of one of your parents, if you follow me.

Cheers

Right, gotcha. I have full Adobe, i didn't even think about printing to .pdf, i was looking for an export in the builder. thanks.

ThirdWizard

First Post
Anyone know why we can create nearly any custom item (Feats, Powers, Races, Paragons, etc) EXCEPT custom deities? Wouldn't that be the EASIEST thing to implement?

If you go to Manage -> Details (the first tab under Manage) you can type in whatever name you want for the deity. Even if you chose another one (for example if you're a cleric) it will show the one you typed in on the character sheet.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Yes I do. Full Adobe lets you merge files together, and I don't believe this is in the Reader only. The funny thing is that I was just printing some new characters, and I was able to create the whole sheet (all the pages) in one PDF. I'm not sure why I had a problem with it earlier.
Well, in the beta it was like that. Did you also have this behavior with the full version?

disarray2

First Post
Haha.

If it's real and not just something you've inputted, then I'll wager it is either an egg or the by-product of one of the dev's sense of humour.

Either way, funny :)

lol it was/is real. I had just added a whole bunch of magic items to check my character all decked out. I figured that was what prompted it if you want to give it a try.

disarray2

First Post
Is anyone else having trouble printing in a landscape format? Currently, I'm getting the landscaped pages sctreched to fit a portrate page. This worked fine for me in the beta.

I had the same problem. I was going to try and print to pdf to see if that changed it but I haven't gotten a chance yet.

almuric

First Post
Is anyone else having trouble printing in a landscape format? Currently, I'm getting the landscaped pages sctreched to fit a portrate page. This worked fine for me in the beta.
I am. But I'm running Windows XP in a Parallels window on my Macbook Pro, so I figured it was just some conflict between Windows/CB/Parallels/Mac OS X. After about 5 or 6 tries I decided to print in Portrait and quit wasting paper.

It sucks that I can't Print Preview, which would save me some money. But I managed to get a usable character sheet and powers out of it, so I can't complain too much, I guess.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
NPC is a misnomer. I'm thinking "monsters" that are based on classes, like the tiefling they are facing right now. Using the builder, it took me 5 minutes to pick the powers I thought would best evoke what I'm trying to create in an opponent. I then whittle those down to the 3-5 or so he/she might use in an encounter with the PCs. Quick and easy "class based monster" creation. I need to re-examine hps....

Phaezen

Adventurer
Feature I just noted, which will come in handy with the characters put up in the downloads section is that you can look at the character sheet for previous levels.

Remove ads