• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Count

Aesynil

First Post
Sparked by boredom, staggering exhaustion, an overabundance of caffiene, and more then my fair share of sheer oddness, here's my question to the site as a whole.

Who has made the most characters, be they dead, retired, still in action, or what have you?

For my lil' contribution..I've got fifty six characters. Almost all of them fleshed out with a sizable history, and every one of them with a full description. A good number even with character sheets :D

-Da Pooka, boredly awaiting for other misguided souls with nothing better to do.

T

Tiagan

FIFTY-SIX!?

BY THE GODS, MAN!

Well, I am not really much of one to talk. I have somewhere around thirty-two. All of mine also have extensive histories, contacts, et cetera. I only play about seven on a semi-regular basis. The others are just there in the background. All have full character descriptions, some of them are characters from campaigns I have participated in, but the largest quantity of them are just out of my head and into the site. Every one of them has a character sheet. Both a hard copy, and one on the computer. A good deal of them (eighteen or so) have drawings of them which I have done.

I have a habit of creating a character and a character sheet for any person that I think of. Considering that i am in a Creative Writing class, I seem to make at least one other character every week. Occasionally, I will make a screen name for a character I have considered writing about... then immersed myself in playing that character out for a while to judge how I would make their reactions and behaviorisms, so on and so forth, once I get around to writing them. Sooo, I have an excuse! :p

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

I think my last count reached 60+, but it's been a while. And that's not counting the variant names of eariler characters, so with those included, I've got close to 70 characters that I use in the chats.

Of those, only 5 or 6 don't have descriptions, primarily out of laziness and forgetfulness. Nearly all of them have a fleshed out back story, and if they don't, one comes to me when I use them.

Not only that, but 9/10s of them either come from my homebrew setting, or Nugan's homebrew; with very few coming from published settings.

Nugan

First Post
Well, I'm not sure hpw many I have. I think it was something between 70 and 80 at last check, but I've added more since then.

Mel was there when I counted them. Do you remember any better than I do Mel?

Of course, about 20 of those characters are animals (a_chipmunk, a_goat, a_hummingbird, and so on).

Of those, I believe the vast majority (if not all) have descriptions. While only a dozen or so have characters sheets, and all of those character sheets besides Nugan's are badly out of date. Of course, I try to involve character sheets for DnD campaigns as little as possible with my ISRP characters, so that has something yo do with why I have so few.

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

Nugan said:
Well, I'm not sure hpw many I have. I think it was something between 70 and 80 at last check, but I've added more since then.

Mel was there when I counted them. Do you remember any better than I do Mel?
80 sounds about right for the last count I remember you took, coud be closer to 90 or higher by now.

G

Gene_Kynes

Lemme think. I've got like...ten. I kinda give them all nicknames, so I can talk to myself about them, as so:

Shade (Drindin knows this one.), Bloody (This one, too.), Firey, Water, Black, White, Leaf, Ryan, Cross, Fence.

Also, because I'm too damn lazy to say the full name, sometimes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads