• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

character levels...

Tranzquility

First Post
Being a Dm is fun and all but every night that me and my players play afterwards we normally have duels for about an hour or so maybe more. We have 2 sets of characters. 1 set for the campaign, and 1 set for dueling either way I have a 40 level cap. That is figured with class levels and level adjustment = the end result. The 1st set of characters gains there experience from game play of course and so does the 2nd set. Normally the 2nd set I dm a session for just that player. we just set up a date and ill do a hole session for him just to gain levels on his dueling character. I normally use a different exp scale about 75% to 100% higher for saving time. I wont let one character get unbalanced based on the level and level adjustment of the other characters playing. I too Duel with my players and right now I have a character that is level 10 wizard (necro specialization) with 17 levels red wizard and 2 levels arch mage... just about the same as Szass tam. ( just different feats really the only difference) Well I have my wife normally D.M. for me to get my experience on my character, and now it has come time to work on him again. I am planning on having her run a game for me that should give me 4 more levels... now for these levels I was thinking about going 3 levels of Cleric and 1 level fighter.... I just don’t know if the 3 Levels of Cleric and 1 of fighter are worth it to gain a decent Attack bonus and such so I can pick up a weapon & have some healing spells even though they are not that strong of spells at only 3 levels of Cleric....... any thoughts on this ?

Balgus

First Post
Have you thought of ranger? You get +4 BAB and heal spells albeit the smallest ones possible. But it does open the door to wands.

But just crunchin the numbers:
class/BAB/saves/other
CLR4/3/4-1-4/ lvl 2 spells (CMW), turn
CLR3-FTR1/3/5-1-3/lvl2 spells (CmW),feat, turn

I don't see much differenceexcept for the extra feat... but are you human? and is this your only MC? I would go clr4- but that's just me.

;)

Last edited:

Remove ads