Character Sheet Feedback

Jeff Carlsen

Adventurer
The move to inDesign has definitely prettied up the sheet! The headings look really good, as do all the boxes and buttons. My only big issue is that there isn't much space for erasing / writing HP (if you do that as frequently as I do). But otherwise, the sheet looks very good.

That is something I'm been thinking about. When all the sheets are finished, an optional hit point tracker will be provided, but the first two pages are supposed to be fully functional without any of the optional sheets.

I'll try some iterations on the hit point box.

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
On the new sheet, Person McPersonson can see in Common and Esperanto?

Is that supposed to say "Vision" again, or is it supposed to be a languages / dialects area?

Jeff Carlsen

Adventurer
On the new sheet, Person McPersonson can see in Common and Esperanto?

Is that supposed to say "Vision" again, or is it supposed to be a languages / dialects area?

It seems a couple of copy/paste bugs made it in. You'll notice that there are two places to record hit dice, one of which tells you how to calculate negative hit points...

Thank you for pointing this out. I may never have caught it.

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
It seems a couple of copy/paste bugs made it in. You'll notice that there are two places to record hit dice, one of which tells you how to calculate negative hit points...

Thank you for pointing this out. I may never have caught it.
Since my own RPG is over 320 pages, I am well-acquainted with copy and paste bugs. They happen way more often than I'd like, and it's always someone else pointing them out to me.

Warbringer

Explorer
Over the years my preference for character sheets has changed dramtically.

This is my current character sheet for my own hybrid 3e/4e, which i'll adapt if I go 5e

Sheet.png

Jeff Carlsen

Adventurer
Release 0.5

This release represents the basic sheet in a fully useable form.

I fixed some copy problems, added a new portrait border, redesigned the hit points section, and completed the second page. Next step is the spell sheet. It's possible that I'll have all of the sheets converted for the next release.

As always, I'm soliciting feedback.

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
Looks awesome. It's the most functional sheet I've seen, and it's stylish too. I'd totally vote for this.

A few nitpicks:

• It's a bit awkward to have "D&D" overlapping the portrait box. I actually don't think it needs to say D&D on it at all. And maybe leave the box at the bottom blank for the character name.
  • I still think the coinage could have the conversion rates. Even a decimalized system, like:
Copper (= 0.01 gp)
Silver (= 0.1 gp)
Electrum (= 0.5 gp)
Gold (= 1 gp)
Platinum (= 10 gp)​

Blackbrrd

First Post
Release 0.5

This release represents the basic sheet in a fully useable form.

I fixed some copy problems, added a new portrait border, redesigned the hit points section, and completed the second page. Next step is the spell sheet. It's possible that I'll have all of the sheets converted for the next release.

As always, I'm soliciting feedback.
I love the way you have written what abilities can be used for what, right there at the front of the sheet. It's plain awesome. :)

I really do prefer one-page character sheets because two sheets just take too much room at the table. In other words, I think you are wasting space all over the place which makes it a 2-page sheet. Nothing really wrong with it though. ;)

What amazes me the most, looking at your character sheet is that I might want to start writing up my characters by hand, on a character sheet again. I haven't really done that since I played AD&D. Both 3e and 4e has used excel/character builders. I think it's a good indication that 5e is going the right way.

Remove ads