Character Submission Thread

Aura

Explorer
Reviewing The Navigator

This is a non-judge review of your character. Approval requires either one non-judge and one judge approvals, or two judge approvals. As a non-judge, I only edit your character sheet to fix obvious typos (of which you had none.) Other issues are pointed out for you to fix.

Stuff That Needs Fixin':
* None - No errors that prevent approval were found

Stuff That Could be Changed:
* Personally recommend something into STR/CON, perhaps at cost of 2 INT.

Notation Issues and Typos:
* Recommend explicitly stating "Light Encumberance"
* Note: His age doesn't vary according to what people believe.

Comments:
* Basic character concept seems solid.
* Starchild: Seems reasonable for Callisto, but will need a Judge's opinion.
* Careful in pushing Bluff, you may run into the GM veto, as per the skill description. You can also be confronted with a long term corrosive effect if you're not careful.
* I'm somewhat concerned about being too skill gonzo and too easy to take down in combat, thus the STR/CON recommendation above.
* It's Dunn *Wright* Inn. This is Venza, not The Wasteland. :)

Since there are no absolute 'must fix' issues: STAMP! One non-judge APPROVAL. This means you can meander into the DWI, introduce yourself, etc, while you wait for an adventure to come your way.

Satin Knights

First Post
Reviewing The Navigator:
A) I added in thrown dagger stats, because it can be done at a different bonus level.
B) I tweaked the display of info in several areas.

Suggestions:
a) Skill monkeys are good, but like Aura said, you are over doing it. I would at least take the favored class bonus and put it as HP instead of a skill point. LPF does give you better than average hit points, but as a GM, I still occasionally have a character face down in the mud and bleeding out.
b) Skill Monkeys should take UMD and keep it pumped up.
c) In LPF, we sell items back to the store at 100% of value. It just makes accounting easier, and we get picky on accounting. So, the general rule is to spend all but about the last ten gold pieces. For you, a potion of cure light wounds and an alchemist's fire are good suggestions. Beginning characters need something to deal with SWARMS!!! (I hate swarms. Vile things!)
d) Traits: A bard, if you are taking that next level, will get Kn Geography as a class skill anyways. I would suggest switching it to Dirty Fighter, where you get bonus damage when flanking. Starchild: Great fluff, but it will most likely never kick in even once in your career. IF you are taking levels in bard at some point, Magical Knack gains you back two caster levels lost to multi-classing. So, it is high on the priority list.

Aura: Bluff is also used in the feint action so he can get sneak attack damage without flanking. So, it is a very good one to pump up. At first level, he has it in the auto success territory.

The posting issue is because the board gets barraged with spammers setting up new accounts and trying to get links into search engines. So, getting started for a new player is a bit of a hassle. You will get to post links after you get to the 10 post mark, unless they bumped that watermark up again. After a little while, it won't be a problem. And yes, 95% of the viewers are using the Legacy dark skin to read the board. So, if you set your text color to black, it will disappear. The "automatic" color should be an appropriate gray for all the board skins and used for general text. We use "quoted colored text" for characters speaking. Colored helps for those reading via the forums. Quotes help for those that mostly read by email notifications where the colors don't get passed through.

Congrats. A very good character design. And you are coming in at the perfect time, as a new first level game is just starting. Post once in the Dunn Wright Inn thread as your descriptive character introduction to the world, and then come on in to the Barrow of the Forgotten King thread. We have four in that game now, so a fifth should be fine.

You can make the tweak suggestions above, or a few others that are comparable over the next couple days. But, The Navigator is APPROVED for play.

Edit: I am fine with Starchild for Callisto, but like I said above, there are a couple better traits that will actually get used. (I am one of the judges)

Systole

First Post
I would also chime in that there's nothing mechanically wrong with Nav, but skillmonkeys have an uphill battle. I generally find it's easier to design a combat-worthy character first and then fill in the skillmonkey bits afterwards.

Also, Pathfinder rogues are ... how do I say this politely? Underpowered. Frustrating. Sort of like beating your head against the wall. I would recommend moving over to a bard -- you have the Charisma, and bard gives you a whole lot without giving up anything substantial (and yes, sneak attack counts as 'nothing substantial' -- it is a ridiculous pain to pull off in Pathfinder). I would recommend you check out the Seasinger archetype for bard or the Freebooter archetype for ranger. Both are miles better than a rogue.

But if you want to play as-is, I will approve.

EDIT: Never mind, already taken care of.

Piston Honda

First Post
Reviewing The Navigator

* It's Dunn *Wright* Inn. This is Venza, not The Wasteland. :)

You can never depend on factual information from unreliable narrators. :)

Quick question for whomever: I have approval, but may I switch some ability points to provide some extra survivability?

Aura

Explorer
I'm not actually sure what happens in that case. One of the judges would probably know, though. If another final checkout is necessary, I can do that.

Aura

Explorer
Reviewing Cruendithas Beestinger

This is a non-judge review of your character. As a non-judge, I only edit to fix very obvious typos. I am not perfect, and if I make a mistake, feel free to point it out. No warranties are express or implied.

Stuff That Needs Fixin':
* Bardic Knowledge doesn't seem to be figured into knowledge skills, and should be (misc bonus of +1, and you get untrained use in all of them.)
* Carrying capacity doesn't seem to have been modified (x3/4) for small size: 28.5 / 57 / 86.25
* Weapons similarly don't seem modified (x1/2) for small size: 1 lb short sword, 1 lb whip
* Some misc items similarly should be modified (x1/4) for small size: bedroll 1.25 lb, waterskin 1 lb, belt pouch 1/8 lb, sack 1/8 lb
Note: If you encumber yourself to medium, your move will drop to 15'.

Stuff That Could be Changed:
* You get one bonus regional language, such as High Landellian, if you wish to select one.
* You went with entirely stock racial features, and could pick some alternate ones if you wanted to.
* I suggest silk rope. You have the money and fitting into light load will be important to you. This might be enough to get you under 28.5 lb.

Notation Issues and Typos:
* Touch AC seems to total up 12, up from the 11 you list. (Fixed)
* Racial Feature: Obsessive should be added to the list. Seems to be a simple omission, later in skills you take the bonus.
* What about his appearance is scholarly? Glasses? Robes? Books? Pocket protectors? I advise listing a few specifics you feel fit over a generality that may cause misconceptions.
* Untrained class skills are not marked with an asterisk and could be worth noting.

Comments:
* He's eclectic. Works for a gnome and a bard.
* Two World Magic (trait): Made me go look it up to see it was specifically allowed. However, I'd like to note it has little long term value.
* Archaeologist seems to be a popular choice for non-performance bards.

NOT YET. There is a bit of work to do, particularly in the weight carried and knowledge skills.

Remove ads