Character Submission Thread

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OK, Kryeprift Himbal has gone on walkabout, and his Wiki tags reflect that status.

Now submitting Jonas Psalter, first level Inquisitor of Iraznog, for review. I'll be taking Jonas on perrinmiller's upcoming adventure (if he'll have him ;)).

Satin Knights

First Post
Looking over Jonas:
a) Yea! A simple name that I don't have to think about pronouncing.
b) On the pictures, if you remove the "thumb" parameter and simply use "left" or "right", the border box disappears. The picture blends into the sheet much better I believe. Usually you will have to specify the 200px parameter, or whatever size you want, because otherwise it comes in at the native size. In other words, thumb = right|200px|annoying_border|owner_info.
c) Melee guy with a +0 Con bonus. Red Flag!! An average hit on yourself with your own weapon would drop you to zero.
d) I would expect a rank spent in Sense Motive for an inquisitor, even at first level. It is kind of his job. :p
e) Kn Local doesn't have the trait source listed for its extra bonus.
f) Spend one of those last two silver pieces on a sling and some bullets. Otherwise, you have no useful ranged weapon.

He is valid as is, but you may want to adjust the stats to raise the CON first.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
a) Hey now! Kalinn's not hard, and Breninyr's easy if you shorten it :D
b) Thanks for the tip on the pictures! I've done Jonas' and will go back and edit Kalinn and Bren as well. I did have to fiddle with the sizes a bit to get the entire "Basic Information" header to appear underneath the pics - after I removed the 'thumb' indicator it wanted to put the word 'Basic' above them.
c) I now remember thinking I needed to do something about his HP, but then got distracted. Finding that to do everything they're supposed to do, Inquisitors are pretty MAD. I exchanged the Enforcer feat for Toughness. It takes some away from the flavor, but I'll pick up both Enforcer and Bludgeoner in the next few levels.
d) Yeah, sort of. I dithered over that, and with your comment ended up swapping Knowledge (The Planes) for a point in it.
e) Fixed
f) Done - Don't know why I never think about a sling.

Aura

Explorer
Second Look: Mirra Weathersmith

Everything looks in order here, with the exception of the encumberance issue, which is easily fixed. Recommendations still include noting point black range on ranged attacks and getting silver or cold iron (or a combination of) sling bullets.

STAMP! Mirra is Approved!

Aura

Explorer
Reviewing Jonas Psalter

Below is a non-judge review of Jonas. Usual stuff applies.

Stuff That Needs Fixin':
* Iraznog is a TN deity. It seems Inquisitors of him should be TN, NG, NE, CN, or LN. CG (Jonas' current alignment) is two steps off.

Notation Issues and Typos:
* Armored Coat is a Medium Armor with a move of 20'. The note to jump makes it clear this is a simple typo. Fixed.
(Correct me if I'm wrong about your intent on the Armored Coat.)
* Sling bullets are a half pound each. However, you have overhead for this, so considered a typo. Fixed.

Commentary:
* One way to stave off Inquisitor MAD is with the Conversion Inquisition. However, this would be in lieu of Sin Eater.
* Cautionary tales on Inquisitors apply. I'm working on one in tabletop, currently 3rd level. Waiting to hit my stride.
* The picture is great. Do you do graphic art?
* Orc mother, and the reason for pregnancy was just two people having fun. Simple can be elegant.

ALMOST Unless I'm mistaken on the alignment issue, just one fix and he's stampworthy.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
You are correct on the alignment. Neutral Good is where I settled in my many fluctuations, just forgot to change the sheet. Done.

RE: Picture - Thanks! I actually use a rendering program for my pics, and am gradually getting better with it (I think). I've done quite a few with which I'm pleased, but the portrait of Jonas is probably my favorite so far.

Piston Honda

First Post
I'd like to submit for approval The Navigator.

I haven't had any success posting anything (it's told me I've needed approval from a moderator every time I've tried) so I can't link it though. :(

Piston Honda

First Post
I'd like to submit for approval The Navigator.

I haven't had any success posting anything (it's told me I've needed approval from a moderator every time I've tried, and nothing has ever posted) so I can't link. :(

Remove ads