Character Submission Thread

Satin Knights

First Post
Well, Corbin is not going to sneak up on anybody without them knowing, that's for sure.
a) The concentration check total was off. Fixed.
b) I tweaked a couple display things to conform a bit closer to our standards. Nothing special though.

Corbin has his second APPROVAL and is ready for a game. There is a big shuffle going on at the moment with like five games ending all within a week of each other. When the dust settles, I am sure one of the freed up GMs will be taking on a new first level adventure. It just may be a week or two before it gets rolling. Have fun in the DWI chatting with and getting to know the other characters until then.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Ah, simple math error. Thanks. I think what happened is I forgot to add the caster level originally, and when I went back to add it in, I forgot to adjust the total. Thanks for the correction!

So is Corbin good to go?

Edit: Oops. Just looked at the wiki. Looks like Corbin has a judge approval. Thanks a lot!

Systole

First Post
Lai Tai Liu is ready to be Probulated(TM).

Two notes, just so you don't have to go fishing:
1. The +4 racial bonus to swim comes from the witch hex. Why it's a racial bonus, I have no idea.
2. Staves cost 400gp x spell level x caster level (minimum 8th). For a staff of shocking grasp, my math says 3200gp. Rules for staff creation are here.

Aura

Explorer
Reviewing Lai Tai Liu

This is a non-judge review of Lai Tai. Character sheet only changed where it looked like a true typo with little effect to the character. Otherwise, only recommendations given. This said, there were several typos, seemingly from multiple drafts of the character. All the rest of my usual disclaimers apply.

Stuff That Needs Fixin':
* Use Magic Device Stat ability and final value both seem incorrect. I get +0 stat (Charisma), +6 final.
* Your Mithral Chain Shirt seems too heavy at 20 pounds. However, depending on how you account it (either as adding mithral modifier to a chain shirt, or the specific Mithral Shirt entry), it should be either 12.5 lbs or 10 lbs. I assume there is some precedence for this already?

Stuff That Could Be Changed:
* If you want, you can have 1 stat point back by purchasing 15 STR/15 INT and putting human and level 4 bonus into STR. However, this would mean not having 18 STR at 1st level, if that is conceptually important.

Notation Issues and Typos:
* Apparent Typo (fixed): INT bonus listed as +3 for a 15 INT. Changed to +2.
* Apparent Typo (fixed): CON bonus listed as +0 for a 12 CON. Changed to +1.
* Apparent Typo (fixed): Profession Ability listed as +0 (WIS based). Changed to -1.
* Apparent Typo (fixed): Perform Ability listed as +1 (CHA based). Changed to +0.
* Damage from Arcane Strike is automatically added in on sling, but same notation is used on staff, where it is not automatically added in. I'd suggest clarifying the sling entry, staff looks good.

Comments:
* This character is a nice twist on a classic character type.
* You had two Archetypes. Had to look them up, but they work together. Guff guff.
* Two staff magi in only a few weeks. Staff Magus is the new Summoner? Red is new Blue.
* STR 18 magus. You brute. PS: Pretty awesome swim for 1 pt.
* The explorer's outfit includes a cloak. If you replace it with the Cloak of Resistance, should the weight of the magic cloak be added in? I have said no in my campaigns, but hold it up as something to consider.

So, NOT YET, but very close.

Systole

First Post
Reviewing Lai Tai Liu

Stuff That Needs Fixin':
* Use Magic Device Stat ability and final value both seem incorrect. I get +0 stat (Charisma), +6 final.
* Your Mithral Chain Shirt seems too heavy at 20 pounds. However, depending on how you account it (either as adding mithral modifier to a chain shirt, or the specific Mithral Shirt entry), it should be either 12.5 lbs or 10 lbs. I assume there is some precedence for this already?

Fixed, thanks, and I don't know.

Stuff That Could Be Changed:
* If you want, you can have 1 stat point back by purchasing 15 STR/15 INT and putting human and level 4 bonus into STR. However, this would mean not having 18 STR at 1st level, if that is conceptually important.

Ooo, sneaky. You have learned well, grasshoppa.

Notation Issues and Typos:
* Apparent Typo (fixed): INT bonus listed as +3 for a 15 INT. Changed to +2.
* Apparent Typo (fixed): CON bonus listed as +0 for a 12 CON. Changed to +1.
* Apparent Typo (fixed): Profession Ability listed as +0 (WIS based). Changed to -1.
* Apparent Typo (fixed): Perform Ability listed as +1 (CHA based). Changed to +0.
* Damage from Arcane Strike is automatically added in on sling, but same notation is used on staff, where it is not automatically added in. I'd suggest clarifying the sling entry, staff looks good.

Thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, and fixed.

Comments:
* This character is a nice twist on a classic character type.
* You had two Archetypes. Had to look them up, but they work together. Guff guff.
* Two staff magi in only a few weeks. Staff Magus is the new Summoner? Red is new Blue.
* STR 18 magus. You brute. PS: Pretty awesome swim for 1 pt.
* The explorer's outfit includes a cloak. If you replace it with the Cloak of Resistance, should the weight of the magic cloak be added in? I have said no in my campaigns, but hold it up as something to consider.

If you a cheat sheet for what archetypes work together, look here.

I actually didn't notice the other staff magus. A while back, I thought about joining another PF adventure and went so far as to roll up a character. It turned out that the dice rolls were good enough that I thought I could pull off a MAD class like monk, but because of the way my brain works, that character concept eventually turned into 'the worst monk in the world.' He's also named after Gordon Liu, star of the classic Shaw Brothers films "8 Diagram Pole Fighter" and "36th Chamber of Shaolin."

Hrmmm ... now that I think about it, I might change his pic.

main-qimg-064b22020420c963271505a682ceaa25

Aura

Explorer
Second Look for Lai Tai Liu

Everything is looking good. Thanks for the archetypes link, it has a lot of good stuff there, even if not complete. I'll bookmark that.

I'm a personal fan of artwork for character images, but this other one is good, too. Tough call.

I have found the more I tend to fiddle with a character, the more likely I scrap the entire thing and go with 1st draft of something else. That's the way Charity panned out.

In any case, STAMP! One non-judge APPROVAL. You know the drill. :)

Remove ads