D&D (2024) Revisiting Classes from OneD&D

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I mean, the main target is new players, we are all nice-to-haves for WotC. For me, if there is significant new art and the rules remain compatible, I'm in.
Yeah me too. New art, new cover, I don’t even own the current MM physically (why would I?) so maybe they’ll even put enough rad art in it to tempt me.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I understand all that. My main point of contention is that since new players neither know nor care what's already gone before, presumably, why not just also give them new options? It's not like there's anything special or precious about the 2014 subclasses or the Xanathar's or Tasha's ones that needs to be presented to those learning the game.
That is what they have been doing so far, proposing pretty big changes. Guess we'll see how that changes as they try to maximize satisfaction.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Clerics have never been able to cast those spells, though, have they? Did I miss something? Confused.
In packet 3, they could. I don't think it's a "nerf" if they tke them off od the Divine Spell list. It's also possible that the unified Spell lists arenmaking the cut, and we could see the return of individual Class lists.

Remove ads