D&D (2024) Revisiting Classes from OneD&D

Pauln6

Hero
In packet 3, they could. I don't think it's a "nerf" if they tke them off od the Divine Spell list. It's also possible that the unified Spell lists arenmaking the cut, and we could see the return of individual Class lists.
I really hope the combined lists die but either way, that's not a change I will be implementing.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I think that they're likely to wind up at some sort of hybrid list - where Arcane, Divine, and Primal lists are for spells that everyone (who has access to those lists) can cast, and then smaller exclusive lists for each class (this way they avoid much of the repetition) and then even smaller lists that are accessed by subclass.

One of the goals here is to make it so that they can easily package sellable spell cards with less SKUs than the current GF9 class-based ones (it is telling that the Arcane one outsells the rest of them by a wide margin) - it's the only one that ISN'T class-based!)

I think that they're likely to wind up at some sort of hybrid list - where Arcane, Divine, and Primal lists are for spells that everyone (who has access to those lists) can cast, and then smaller exclusive lists for each class (this way they avoid much of the repetition) and then even smaller lists that are accessed by subclass.

One of the goals here is to make it so that they can easily package sellable spell cards with less SKUs than the current GF9 class-based ones (it is telling that the Arcane one outsells the rest of them by a wide margin) - it's the only one that ISN'T class-based!)

They could also just not make people buy multiple things.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
They could also just not make people buy multiple things.
Not sure I follow you. I think dividing the spells into Arcane, Divine, and Primal sets does this? (Or do you mean that you think that they should just have "Spell Cards" as one giant set of cards? Because that would make the buy-in too high for most people - even ones that would eventually buy all three).

Not sure I follow you. I think dividing the spells into Arcane, Divine, and Primal sets does this? (Or do you mean that you think that they should just have "Spell Cards" as one giant set of cards? Because that would make the buy-in too high for most people - even ones that would eventually buy all three).

Yes, one set.

Costs too much? Stop cramming 50 gazillion spells into the game.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
I think it will just be the three lists, with the class exclusive spells spelled (ha!) out in a similar manner as ritual and concentration spells as they did in Tashha's.

Remove ads