• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Submission Thread

Satin Knights

First Post
Not you, me. Tor was invited, but hasn't shown up yet. So, if you want to take his place, that is fine with me. I have already run one adventure with seven, so I can stretch if needed. (going to fix the first post)

As to the dagger, you don't need it if you always are eating in fancy restaurants that provide you with silverware. But, they are few and far between. ;) The other reason for a dagger is that if you get grappled, you are unable to use your two handed weapons. So, a dagger is always handy, otherwise you are punching your grappler for non-lethal damage.

WindCrystal

First Post
Made some edits and corrections. It is indeed silly that I didn't pick up a potion. Shows how little experience I have.

Thanks for letting me in the adventure. Since I am in, should I go ahead and roleplay the tavern and the events leading up to getting on the ship?

Satin Knights

First Post
Best answer is you role play walking into the Dunn Wright Inn with a good description of yourself and ask the half-orc bartender Grog if there is anyone hiring. He tells you "Ya, in room 2" and points you to the back hallway of the inn where the meeting rooms are. Then, walk through the door (door's open) in the Wreck Ashore thread, introduce yourself, and sit down. They are still in their mission briefing stage, so they haven't gone to the ship yet.

Reading the last four of five pages of the Dunn Wright Inn thread will give you a few good examples of introductions and pretty much catch you up to speed.

* The Dunn Wright Inn is the official "You enter a tavern in town, looking for work..." starting point for recruiting for games.

Satin Knights

First Post
The rules on that are that you can enter the DWI after you have your character written up, including the background description, and have it in the Awaiting Approval queue. A soft rule we have is that the character can even join a game, but has to get their approvals done before it receives experience for the game. So, yes, it is kosher.

It is also, one judge, and one normal player for the approvals at first level. I am one of the seven judges, so that part will probably be done before dawn.

Aw, I might as well do it now.
1) The human regional language is an LPF bonus, so you get to keep the original orcish language too.
2) I separated out the thrown dagger from slashing dagger, as the to hit is different.

Amien has his first APPROVAL of two.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads