Character Submission Thread

4uk4ata

First Post
Thanks! I think I have the mechanics done alright, just need to make sure the picture shows - the link is in the block used to build dynamic pages. I am still not allowed to post the link, can you find it?

Satin Knights

First Post
I am one of the judges. I can fine everything. :lol:

Reviewing Erinth:
a) The home thread is for those characters that have purchased an apartment or home. If they want to do some back story writing that isn't in one of the adventure games, or in the tavern, they can do it in their home thread. So, I cleaned that up for the moment.
b) Tap Inner Beauty is from Faiths of Purity. We haven't approved that book for use as one of the approved sources, so you will have to replace that spell with another one.
c) You have the Favored Class (FC) bonus listed in as +1 HP but taken as +1 skill point. Fixed.
d) You have no cost or weight listed for the shield in the inventory. If you are not carrying one, then you delete the line. Same for twine and needle.
e) You had missed the wisdom penalty in your Will save. Fixed.

Suggestions:
a) Archetypes: You are currently going as a straight bard. Since you mentioned a more lore based type character before, the Archivist archetype in the APG. It has a few nice bonuses like being able to handle traps like a rogue, changing your Inspire Courage bonus from Morale to Insight, so it stacks with a party cleric's bless instead of overlapping. It is a good bookworm/thinker's archetype.
b) One of the Advanced Race Guide features I recommend is Envoy:
Envoy: Elves often have trouble relating to neighbors of other races, especially those with much shorter lifespans. As a result, some are trained in minor magics that are particularly useful when dealing with non-elves. Elves with this racial trait and an Intelligence score of 11 or higher gain the following spell-like abilities once per day: comprehend languages, detect magic, detect poison, and read magic. The caster level for these effects is equal to the elf ’s level. This racial trait replaces elven magic.
An extra four spells as a bard is sweet! even if they are only once a day.
Dream Speaker has its uses too.
c) You skipped the Mage Hand cantrip? That is second most useful after Prestidigitation.

So, real close, but NOT YET.

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Hello.

I'd like to submit a character for entry. He's a Dervish Dancing Bard, named Samad Salil. I can't share the link, since this is my first post, but he is up and ready for grading on the wiki (And yes, Chromascope3D and I are one and the same).

One quick question, though: In the RAW, it never says that Battle Dance replaces Bardic Performance, per se. It outlines which performances are replaced or modified by or into dances, but countersong (for dance fighting, obviously), distraction, and fascinate are not mentioned as being replaced. Do I still get those as regular bardic performances?

SuperZero

First Post
Reviewing Antal Amakiir:
a) The wiki doesn't like hot linking photos from other sites. So, you would need to upload the image to the wiki first, then you can have it show on your page with a slight modification of the link. Of course, you should have the proper rights/permissions for the pictures.
I don't have that, which is why I just made a link to the original source. I suppose there's no harm in asking permission... I'll see if I can get it.
b) Elfiris is not one of our deities. You get to chose from Gods.
He's one of the Stormlords, isn't he? I've edited for clarity.
c) In the class abilities section, I did a bit of reformatting. If the line begins with a space character, it is treated like the PRE type block, except some HTML tags also work, like bold.
Thank you. I'm sorry, I don't have much wiki experience either.
d) On skills, I labeled the ones that get bonuses. But I don't see a reason you get +2 to Fly. I also labeled the untrained class skills so it doesn't have to be looked up each time you level.
Size bonus, right? Not that it matters what his modifier is since he can't actually fly, but I included it for completeness.
e) Kin cannot take Rend at first level. The summoner has to be sixth level.
Oops. Replaced with Improved Damage and... Reach.
f) It looks like you have chosen only three of the four class skills for Kin.
So I did. I added Climb.
g) Kin cannot use Slight of Hand untrained. Fixed.
Thanks.
h) Unless you are going to have Kin carrying your backpack all the time, the medium encumbrance adds some ACP penalties to some skills.
That was the plan. Unless Antal has a nice strong Medium-sized ally with space in their backpack to hold his halfling-sized one for a while, which is probably better.
i) I reformatted the inventory costs, because it is easier to add columns if they are all the same denomination.
Right.
j) Kin starts with one feat. You don't have one listed.
Drat. Combat Reflexes added.

Suggestions:
I made the suggested changes. Message and resistance swapped for acid splash and ghost sound.

4uk4ata

First Post
Satin knights, thanks for the help!

- I am thinking of changing tap inner beauty for hideous laughter or vanish. BTW, bards need to have vocal components when they cast a spell, but do they need to make noise when sustaining it?
- The cost and weight for string and needle were added (how does 50 feet of string weigh half a pound I do not know :) ) .
- I had written below that my character is taking the resilient-equivalent trait for will (as far as I understood in the encyclopaedia) so he's getting +1 that offsets the wisdom penalty. On the other hand, his other trait - iron liver - doesn't add to his fortitude bonus except against poisons, alcohol etc. I edited the saves to show that.
- Speaking of traits, a question - I saw that the capable trait gives +1 to rolls with one skill. It can only be taken for one kind of performance, not for two or all performance skills, right? There's a trait giving +1 to 2 knowledge skills, so since there are difference performance skills I'd like to know that.
- Regarding archetypes, I was going for a more informal, talespinner traveling, bard and archivist seems a bit too bookish and formal - although I guess this isn't set in stone and the archetype is flexible enough to allow for more informally taught archivists. On the other hand, they lose versatile performance, and I like it a lot. I am thinking about it, but I'll likely stay pure bard.
- Envoy: I am considering it. I have detect magic and plan on getting comprehend languages eventually, but chances are once per day will likely be enough, and the other spells aren't bad (1 cantrip and 1 1st level spell); on the other hand I lose spell penetration and +2 to identify magic items, which sounds like something my character would like to do.
- Mage Hand... Yeah, I was under the impression that prestidigitation could kind of do something similar, but reading it again it can just cause something light to float. I may include it instead of message. Then again, bards get extra cantrips at lvl 2 and 3.

Edit: I am thinking of changing perform (comedy) to perform (percussion). Just because a character likes to tell jokes doesn't mean he's that good at it, and it's always nice to have a bongo drum around a campfire. Also, depending on my spell choice, I may need to get a spell component pouch. We start at 140 gp, right?

Satin Knights

First Post
a) I marked Wisdom as the one receiving the +2 racial bonuses in the Abilities section.

That was a short list. :cool:
Tirithon has his first APPROVAL of two.

Satin Knights

First Post
Hello.

I'd like to submit a character for entry. He's a Dervish Dancing Bard, named Samad Salil. I can't share the link, since this is my first post, but he is up and ready for grading on the wiki (And yes, Chromascope3D and I are one and the same).

One quick question, though: In the RAW, it never says that Battle Dance replaces Bardic Performance, per se. It outlines which performances are replaced or modified by or into dances, but countersong (for dance fighting, obviously), distraction, and fascinate are not mentioned as being replaced. Do I still get those as regular bardic performances?

Yes. Those items not replaced or changed stay the same.

a) I cleaned up your character sheet a bit. You had a tendency to hide bonuses outside the box they applied in. I moved them inside with the appropriate source label.
b) Skills that are untrained still use the ability modifier in the skill total. I fixed a few skills like this.
c) You need to finish up your inventory. A waterskin and weapons is not really enough to get by on.

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Thanks.

I just gave myself Flint & Steel and Trail Rations. I don't see what else I would absolutely need, or at least, what I would need that wouldn't put me over light encumbrance. I can cast light, so I don't need torches, and I don't need a bedroll, since elves don't sleep, do they?

Axios

First Post
a) I marked Wisdom as the one receiving the +2 racial bonuses in the Abilities section.

That was a short list. :cool:
Tirithon has his first APPROVAL of two.

Hmm, thought I marked that down. I guess it got deleted when I was playing around with the <pre> text. Thank you SK.

Remove ads