Character Submission Thread

thechosen2nd

First Post
I believe I have finished all of the suggested changes for Kris Swiftfoot. Just looking for a second approval of my character, including a second judge's approval of the change of animal companion speed from 50 ft to 30 ft +20 ft climb.

Systole

First Post
I believe I have finished all of the suggested changes for Kris Swiftfoot. Just looking for a second approval of my character, including a second judge's approval of the change of animal companion speed from 50 ft to 30 ft +20 ft climb.

1. A little bit of reformatting here and there. Nothing major.
2. You might want to double up on the Attack tricks for Sanguine, so that he/she/it will attack zombies and stuff.
3. Animal companion changes are quite reasonable. Accepted. However, a climb speed means a climb skill bonus. Added.

Neither 1 nor 2 is actually a problem. Second APPROVAL deployed.

SuperZero

First Post
I believe Antal Amakiir is ready. In addition to being my first living world character, though, he is my first Pathfinder character. So, while I have played DnD 3.5 in the past, I suppose I would appreciate any advice.
I believe I've done everything correctly, but that doesn't mean that I did it all well

4uk4ata

First Post
Hello and good evening to everyone!

I have recently signed up, and I've tried to update an old character of mine - an elf bard called Erinth Karan (I am not allowed to post the link since I don't have enough posts, apparently). I have more or less completed the sheet, but I don't think everything works alright - there's supposed to be a portrait there, among others.

I have a few questions about the rules:
- does the clothing the character wears count towards the encumbrance limit? We've played without it counting before, but I can't actually find anything in the book that says so.
- is there a way to trade one racial favored class bonus for another? Elf bards get fighting bonuses for some reason, and I was interested if there's a way to boost my bardic knowledge instead, since I'm going for a loremaster kind. Catfolk bards supposedly have something like that.
- Are the Pathfinder Society traits (i.e. bard of the society) acceptable?

Axios

First Post
Ok, Donovan is finished finally. I couldn't really decide what his background was going to be but I have a rough idea and will 'smooth' it out when I think of the exact details beyond what is there. I placed him in 'Awaiting Approval' but he can be seen in the edit history.

Thanks guys and I'm off to work and running late.

Update: Renamed my character to Tirithon. I'll put him in the 'Unfinished Character' group to make him easier to find as well. I will also be posting interest in sunshadow21's game.

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Reviewing Antal Amakiir:
a) The wiki doesn't like hot linking photos from other sites. So, you would need to upload the image to the wiki first, then you can have it show on your page with a slight modification of the link. Of course, you should have the proper rights/permissions for the pictures.
b) Elfiris is not one of our deities. You get to chose from Gods.
c) In the class abilities section, I did a bit of reformatting. If the line begins with a space character, it is treated like the PRE type block, except some HTML tags also work, like bold.
d) On skills, I labeled the ones that get bonuses. But I don't see a reason you get +2 to Fly. I also labeled the untrained class skills so it doesn't have to be looked up each time you level.
e) Kin cannot take Rend at first level. The summoner has to be sixth level.
f) It looks like you have chosen only three of the four class skills for Kin.
g) Kin cannot use Slight of Hand untrained. Fixed.
h) Unless you are going to have Kin carrying your backpack all the time, the medium encumbrance adds some ACP penalties to some skills.
i) I reformatted the inventory costs, because it is easier to add columns if they are all the same denomination.
j) Kin starts with one feat. You don't have one listed.

Suggestions:
1) You already have telepathy with your eidolon. So, Message is only useful for stealthy talk to your other party members. It is an okay spell, but not as important for a summoner. You also get to chose from Alternative Cantrips which have been approved for LPF.
2) The information from the Advanced Race Guide is available to use too. In particular, for halflings:
"Adaptable Luck: Some halflings have greater control over their innate luck. This ability gives them more options for how they can apply their good fortune from day to day, but also narrows its scope. Three times per day, a halfling can gain a +2 luck bonus on an ability check, attack roll, saving throw, or skill check. If halflings choose to use the ability before they make the roll or check, they gain the full +2 bonus; if they choose to do so afterward, they only gain a +1 bonus. Using adaptive luck in this way is not an action. This racial trait replaces halfling luck".
3) Since Use Magic Device is already a class skill for you, spending a trait to get just a +1 to it seems a waste. Using Two-World Magic from additional traits will allow you to pick up a cantrip or orison you normally don't have access to.
4) Resistance Cantrip: a trap. Once you buy a get to third level, you are likely to have cloak of resistance. That makes it a spell known slot that will no longer be used. Yes, only the summoner or the eidolon can wear the cloak, but spamming the resistance cantrip seems trivial and trite by that point.

A very good start, but a couple of mistakes along the way that need correcting. The suggestions section is just advice.
NOT YET.

Satin Knights

First Post
Hello and good evening to everyone!

I have recently signed up, and I've tried to update an old character of mine - an elf bard called Erinth Karan (I am not allowed to post the link since I don't have enough posts, apparently). I have more or less completed the sheet, but I don't think everything works alright - there's supposed to be a portrait there, among others.

I have a few questions about the rules:
- does the clothing the character wears count towards the encumbrance limit? We've played without it counting before, but I can't actually find anything in the book that says so.
- is there a way to trade one racial favored class bonus for another? Elf bards get fighting bonuses for some reason, and I was interested if there's a way to boost my bardic knowledge instead, since I'm going for a loremaster kind. Catfolk bards supposedly have something like that.
- Are the Pathfinder Society traits (i.e. bard of the society) acceptable?
Hi.
Clothing: No, the first set of clothing does not cost coin or weight. Other clothing past that does.
Favored Class bonus: No. You get a choice of +1 HP, +1 skill point, or the option available in the ARG for that race. Yeah, the elven bard choice in the ARG is not interesting or useful. Extra hit points are always a good choice.
Pathfinder Society: No, we are not allowed to use any Golorian specific names, deities, or locations. That would lock out the Pathfinder Society traits too.

Remove ads