• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Submission Thread

resrick

First Post
resrick,

Looks like you did a lot of work, I'll take a look tonight. I went back and examined the HP issue--I had mistakenly thought you put your favored class option into HP. So I figured 8 (hit die) + 1 (CON) + 1 (FC). However, I'm not sure you assigned your FC bonus anywhere--you should have either one extra HP or one extra skill point. (You get one such option every time you level in your Favored Class, including level 1.) So you could put it into HP and have 10 HP, otherwise, you'd still have a minor bump from CON to 9.

Ahh gotcha, I will adjust for that then. So many crazy little things to get down, gotta remember!!!

Aura

Explorer
Reviewing Ungajinga (by Bojingo)
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Ungajinga_(Bojingo)

Welcome to LPF. I'll be doing a non-judge review for you. A character is approved for play upon getting two approvals (at least 1 from a judge). I do the best I can to be accurate, but if you think I made a mistake just let me know. Finally, I don't tend to edit characters much, but instead list out things for you to look at.

Don't taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Potential Problems:
* I don't see that you have selected a Favored Class. Doing so will give you either +1 HP or +1 skill point every time you level in that class, including your first level, should you pick Barbarian. The most convenient place to note down your FC election is in Racial Abilities. You'll find a spot for FC bonuses to in both your skill point and your hit point calculation.
* Your skill section is rather undeveloped. Your skill point total (3) is correct, but at the top you'll want to show the math. And it's worth the time to go through your skills usable while untrained and note what your base stat and total is. Some people do actually delete skills that they cannot use untrained, such as Knowledges.
* Your class abilities section also needs some development, although you are not required to copy whole sections of text from the rules book. If you prefer, just note which class features you have and give a short summary of the effects.

Notation Issues/Typos/Calculated Values:
* I get that you have 14 HP, instead of the 12 you list:--12 from your hit die (which is max at 1st level regardless of what choice you make for your Hit Dice) and 2 from your Con.
* I get a total of +5 CMB. I think you may have assumed a base value of 10 like CMD. Think of it as CMB is like attack (and adds to a d20), and CMD is like AC (and adds to 10).
* You might want to clarify, under class, that you're a Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager).
* It's worth noting your waterskin is full when at a weight of 4 lbs.
* Good news: STR bonus damage with a 2h weapon is multiplied by 1.5. I get 2d6+6 with your Earthbreaker.
* I get different prices on your sub-1gp items: Chalk 0.01 (1 cp), Fish hook 0.1 (1 sp), Oilx2 0.2 (2 sp) and 10 sling bullets 0.1 (1 sp). Each silver is 1/10 a gold. The total expenditure I get is 132.41gp, leaving 17.59 gp change, or 17 gp, 5 sp, 9 cp.

Suggestions:
* Piercing and slashing weapons take a -1 damage penalty when silvered. You might be interested in a silver light mace at nearly the same price as the kukri, but without the penalty. Alternatively, a cold iron kukri would be 16 gp and not take the damage penalty, either.

Commentary:
* At age 34, half orcs are already middle aged. Did you intend this? (I'm not sure about what happens to your stats in that case, but I suspect that they still stand as is. I think I've seen elder characters in LPF.)
* Seems like a solid character. Earthbreaker is an unusual weapon choice. Have fun with it. :)

Anyway, so NOT YET on the approval, but a great start.

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Second Look: Devlin

Alright, your last edit was a big step forward. The only remarkable issue is your gear section, the rest are all minor quibbles and easily fixed. Let's do them first:

(1) I get that you have a FF AC of 13 coming to you (you had a 12). 2 from armor, 1 from DEX.
(2) Professions are not usable untrained: I'd pull out the 0 in the Total column and just leave it blank.
(3) I'd split out the effects of Point Blank on your ranged weapons. List the base effects in the weapon list, put some sort of marker (like an *), and then footnote it with the Point Blank effect if within 30'. However, this is only a suggestion.
(4) Similarly, I'd pull the handling racial abilities out of the feats section and add the Extra Bombs feat, with the note of (Alchemist) as the source.

I got so lost in the mechanics I never mentioned I thought the artwork presented was a good match.

The Equipment section is the only real issue remaining. Basically, small characters take more work to account than medium. Normal weight on some things, half on others, quarter on others… oh, and the amount you lift is reduced for the same Str as a medium character. Yikes. (And sorry, I forgot that last part about carrying capacity last time.) So I'll just note down the items that I get being different than your calc:
Explorer's Outfit: 0 (It's normally half, but LPF allows the worn outfit to be 0)
Dagger: 0.5 (weapons and armor are half)
Sling Bullets (10): 2.5 (ammunition counts as weapons, so half on that, too)
Saddle: 25 (looks like a simple omission)
Bedroll: 1.25 (one quarter the regular weight on goods and services (pages 158-159) if it has a 1 footnote)
Tent: 5 (footnote 1)
Folding Chair: 2.5 (footnote 1)
Salted Meat: 3 (I could not specifically find 'salted meat' but rather just meat. I assume it can be salted and that wouldn't increase the weight)
Backpack: 0.5 (footnote 1)
(After all that you'll need to retotal your weights again, but it should be much less and you might want to carry a few more things yourself.)

As for money, I recommend expressing everything as gp. So 18 sp = 1.8, 1 cp = 0.01, etc. It's a little inelegant in terms of how they money would be accounted in the role-play environment, but it's awful hard to add columns with different units in them. BTW, I get 111.21 total gold spent, leaving 38.79 for 38 gp, 7 sp and 9 cp in pocket.

Finally, small characters have the amount they can carry from STR reduced. (pg 170 of Core) Your weight multiplier is 3/4, resulting in weight brackets of: 32.25 / 64.5 / 97.5 I'm sorry to have forgotten this before--I quoted the wrong weights (although going from 8 to 12 Str did change your portage outlook quite a bit.)

Oh… recommendation: Combat training for your pony cots 15gp more, but will make a good argument that he isn't as easily spooked by bombs as an ordinary pony. But, if he's just transport to you, keep the 15g.

OK, getting close now. NOT YET but I think you could make it in by the next pass. It's looking good.

resrick

First Post
Woohoo! Almost there finally. Made those minor adjustments and fixed muh maths again. For some reason I read the "weighs a quarter of the weight for small" as weighs 25% less than normal. But the other way makes more sense.

Anyways thanks a bunch for taking a look again and hopefully all my corrections this time should do it. Much easier and faster this time around thankfully.

Bojingo

First Post
Ungajinga

Thank Aura, that' good stuff and I'll get to it right away. As far as the starting age I did intend middle age, since it does not affect stats, but years in slavery would justify the chain fighter racial trait replacement (not to mention I can personally relate to a mid-aged character more than a young one lol)

Airwhale

First Post
Tree

Could I have approval for my druid, Tree? http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tree_(Airwhale)

Thanks! Excited to be playing with you all!

Edit: This is my first pathfinder character, so I'd especially appreciate feedback, if anyone has any. I understand that the weapons choice isn't exactly optimal, but I feel like having a club and sling stones really fit the character. I want Tree to feel out of step with civilization, so equipment is bare, but I hope I am not missing anything obvious. I'd also appreciate feedback on my traits... should I get reactionary instead of the +1 to reflex saves? Do I have enough hit points/AC to be a front-line fighter?

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Final Check: Devlin

Good news, only one minor issue left: you accidentally converted 18 sp to 0.18 gp. So to wrap things up, I fixed it to 1.8 gp and carried down the math to your current amount of coin. I made a couple very minor edits, like adding a space here, removing a lost ) there. I moved you into the DWI and added the approval.

STAMP! Devin has one non-judge APPROVAL.

Remove ads