• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Submission Thread

resrick

First Post
Final Check: Devlin

Good news, only one minor issue left: you accidentally converted 18 sp to 0.18 gp. So to wrap things up, I fixed it to 1.8 gp and carried down the math to your current amount of coin. I made a couple very minor edits, like adding a space here, removing a lost ) there. I moved you into the DWI and added the approval.

STAMP! Devin has one non-judge APPROVAL.

There is only one thing to be done at a time like this.
211092_242669842430795_4056741_n.jpg

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Second Look: Devlin

Alright, your last edit was a big step forward. The only remarkable issue is your gear section, the rest are all minor quibbles and easily fixed. Let's do them first:

(1) I get that you have a FF AC of 13 coming to you (you had a 12). 2 from armor, 1 from DEX.
I am not sure, but I thought ff ac loses dex, so it might actually be a 12.

Aura

Explorer
Final Check: Ungajina

Things are looking good here. I only made a couple minor formatting edits, fixed your titling for the Adventures page, moved you into the Dunn Wright Inn, and carried down your remaining coin to the bottom line of finances.

Oh, and added one non-judge APPROVAL. STAMP!

Aura

Explorer
I am not sure, but I thought ff ac loses dex, so it might actually be a 12.

My eye-brain connection is starting to break down from all the numbers. I meant to say he had a size bonus of 1, not Dex. You're right, if it was Dex it would not count for FF AC.

Aura

Explorer
Reviewing Tree

This is a non-judge review of the character Tree by Airwhale. Everything brought up is with the disclaimer of 'to the best of my knowledge'. If you find anything incorrect, feel free to point it out. I tend to do only minor edits to a character sheet, but instead point things out for the author to address.

No animals were harmed in this review process.

Overview: Tree is a strong concept character with mostly-correct mechanics. Just a few things to point out:

Potential Problems:
* It appears Power Attack has a prerequisite of +1 BAB, so I don't think you can get it, yet. Although a number of other inviting options exist. Perhaps Toughness, which is 3 hp at first level and scales with level.

Notation Issues/Typos/Calculated Values:
* I could not find any specific reference for sling stones, so I'd assume the weight are the same as bullets: 5 pounds per 10 stones.

Suggestions:
* One of the things LPF allows for is a free regional language to non-Venzan natives as a reward for helping define the areas outside the city. With some additional definition, you'd easily qualify, although it's hardly crucial for the character concept.

Comments:
* I'm assuming you bought Sylvan with your language from Linguistics.
* As for the overall question of 'am I tough enough', the answer is easily so. Buying down two mental stats to buff yourself physically puts you as a top grade line fighter with little argument, and that's not counting your pet (or later: wild shape).
* I can't find any reference for hunted/foraged food on a beginning character, not that you can't afford to easily buy some other food and say you hunted it up.
* I'm not a big fan of Birthmark because I have difficulty keeping track of conditional bonuses. It's a taste thing.
* The idea of your low Cha stat being from lack of experience with civilized social conventions is good as a snapshot. However, there will be a point where, unless you plan on pumping your Cha with your level awards, one might wonder why he isn't ever learning. Otherwise, I have no problems with 'well intended but still manages to rub people wrong' Charisma. It's much more endearing than 'low Cha = mean'.

So NOT YET on the approval, you have just a little to consider, primarily the Power Attack issue. Good start.

Systole

First Post
Thanks again for the advice. I've edited my character page, and I think it's in much better shape now

Reviewing Ungajinga:
  • Removed the shield line from equipment tab. This confused the heck out of me.
  • Bunch of formatting things.
  • Recommend that you either put in a separate section for raging, or just update your statblock for raging. As the proud owner of a barbarian myself, it's just easier since almost all of your combat will be while raging.
  • You get a free regional language.
  • You also need to decide whether your background is open or closed. If it's open, that means that GMs could potentially use parts of your background as adventure hooks.
  • I also recommend a dagger, a cestus, and maybe a battleaxe with your remaining monies. All of your weapons are bludgeoning, which is a pain in the butt if you run into zombies. (Speaking from experience here.)

Nothing major. APPROVED.

Aura

Explorer
Second Look: Tree

Everything seems in order.

STAMP! Tree has one non-judge APPROVAL. I moved Tree into the Dunn Wright Inn so you may introduce yourself while you wait for final approval and a DM.

Airwhale

First Post
Tree

Thanks Aura! I actually was mulling over what you suggested about the conditional nature of birthmark, and I just switched the trait over to reactionary. Would you mind just checking to make sure I did that right and re-stamping it? So sorry to give you extra work! I'll start Tree interacting in the inn! =)

Aura

Explorer
No worries, Airwhale. Looks all in order post change. No need for an official renewal since you're still getting your judge review.

Remove ads