• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Check Out Planescape's Table of Contents & More!

A gallery of photos of Planescape: Adventures in the Multiverse!

Brandes Stoddard has received a copy of Planescape: Adventures in the Multiverse (which come out in two weeks!) and is posting loads of photos over on Blue Sky. You can check out his feed for the whole treasure trove--here's a look at the table of contents.

1.jpg
2.jpeg

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
When I saw Rilmani, Archon, and Guardinals, it almost sold me. Then I realized they only included 3 of each, and I was unsold. I've just had as much as I'm interested in dealing with of the gradual rollout (often never completed) of creatures that were originally presented as full sets in 2e.
Only 2 of the Rilmani made it to 3E so its hardly a change. Problem is when you start shoving in the other variants you've got a whole bunch of creatures who are way too same-y, because the various RIlmani at least are so absolutely bland and the same. Which, yeah, works for 'neutrality' but also doesn't work for 'hyped advertisement on Twitter when you've gotta go through pages of basically the same stuff'. Folks tore apart the Dragonspawn back in the day and those were at least all different creatures, between the big lizard ones and the spider-dragons to the humanoids, but Rilmani are just.... Bleh. I kind of feel all the work 2E put into them was a waste even then because, let's be honest: They didn't grab anyone's attention. This re-design at least gives them something

Guardinals I can at least see having some drive to it as they were always more interesting but, Ursinals weren't going to show up in a book that already has one bear person angel

BB Shockwave

Explorer
Preview of the Planar Incarnate on D&DBeyond.

Yep, love the modrons as well. I just wish we had a better view of the hexton! Hopefully, one will be illustrated more clearly in the adventure or the gazetteer...

I'm assuming all of them are Large, with that looming hexton being Huge.
Yeah I think so too.
I noticed that the Septon has 3 tentacles on one side, and 4 on the other - so they kept that part. Even the Hexton still has his gear-collar, even if it is a lot less noticable.

I can maybe see getting the full book. Just need to see if my wallet can take it. That thing is exPanSive...
It's 71€ here, while most regular adventure/lorebooks usually are 55-60€. To me, not that much more.

I keep calling it a Planar Energy Exchange, but it's a Planar Energy Cooperative. Maybe they power Sigil? Or just harvest different types of Planar Energy from Sigil's collecive Planar
portals.

Btw anyone notice that the art with the Mechanus infused Dinosaurs was not ACTUALLY Automa? It's suggests this phenomena is not exclusive to Gatetowns.

Yeah it is a plane influenced by Mechanus. I am guessing this means prime material planes, and how some of them can drift closer to outer planes? Or maybe it is other parts of the Outlands? There is an article now on D&D Beyond explaining how to make creatures like these.

Last edited:

dalisprime

Explorer
I don't think you could do that in Kickstarter, wouldn't have to be on DMsGuild.

FYI, there are already such products on DMsGuild
Monte Cook's Path of the Planebreaker is a kind of 3p manual of the planes though it really delves into new planes rather than established ones.

BB Shockwave

Explorer
Monte Cook's Path of the Planebreaker is a kind of 3p manual of the planes though it really delves into new planes rather than established ones.
I read it, but it would be more accurate to call it "interesting demiplanes for adventures" - most of the locales it lists are not big and could be inserted into any adventure easily, even without the need for them to be extraplanar.
This new Planescape book seems to embrace the alignment system and its influence on the planes and people a lot more.

Preview of the Planar Incarnate on D&DBeyond.

Yeah I think so too.
I noticed that the Septon has 3 tentacles on one side, and 4 on the other - so they kept that part. Even the Hexton still has his gear-collar, even if it is a lot less noticable.

It's 71€ here, while most regular adventure/lorebooks usually are 55-60€. To me, not that much more.

Yeah it is a plane influenced by Mechanus. I am guessing this means prime material planes, and how some of them can drift closer to outer planes? Or maybe it is other parts of the Outlands? There is an article now on D&D Beyond explaining how to make creatures like these.

It could be simply a region of a prime material world around a portal to Mechanus, or some other source of Mechanus energies.

Reynard

Legend
EDIT: I was wrong. You just can't get to DMsGuild Spelljammer content by the side navigation bars.

I was surprised to discover that Spelljammer is not available for DMsGuild creators. Do we know if Planescape will be open?

Last edited:

Does anyone else think they will use Planar Incarnates as the Seven Spiritors of Sylvania if like minor and major Incarnates, Planar Incarnates can possess mortals?

PS I think the Sylvania art has a Vampire because of how much it sounds like Transylvania.

I was surprised to discover that Spelljammer is not available for DMsGuild creators. Do we know if Planescape will be open?

Your wrong.

"Under the DMsGuild program, you can publish D&D material that has no setting or uses the Forgotten Realms, Ravenloft, Eberron, Ravnica, Theros, Arcavios(Strixhaven), Radiant Citadel, Spelljammer, or Dragonlance settings."

I remembered seeing Spelljammer on that list, so I double checked and it's there. The big surprise for me was so was Radiant Citadel, which had previously been treated as generic D&D instead of a seperate setting and not listed. So it rescently got promoted, perhaps to clear up confusion, perhaps because part of it showed by in the Golden Keys book, partly because they have future plans for it or a mix of all the above.

I look forward to see Witchlight: Domains of Delight Hopefully get the same treatment in the future.

Remove ads

Remove ads