Chew on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cameroth

First Post
your point is well taken Bari...that way if all complaints were brought to the magi at once on judgements and misjudgements, an official rulling and stand can be taken on said violations. A stand that ALL magi can agree on

cameroth

First Post
Officially

well after this bit of nonsense that really isnt going to get anything accomplished anyways..i am officially finished...i am done with isrp as far as en world goes. i will however check in from time to time to see what other amusing posts have come forward, so i am sorry for those of you who have interacted with me and have storylines with me as well...i will most likely be on THE DEN from now on. and if any of you hate me or just really dont like me for any post i have put up, past or present..too bad i wont have to talk to you anymore..lol..have fun.. :)

cameroth

First Post
i almost forgot..my list of characters...cameroth, thunderblade, luken cinderdusk..lyger raiyne..alexander morskoj..gaelen hammerfrost..i think that's it..thank you

Ruthia

First Post
Thats not gonna solve anything Bari. People who have left, Either completely like Cam is saying or partically like I have, did it for a reason. The reasons might not be popular, most people would be like "Well you didn't try to resolve it" But..the reasons for leaving are there and are our own.

Bari

First Post
Maybe. But you can't blame me for feeling sorry when it happens. And if you can... well, I'll take the blame.

Magi_Trelian

First Post
I'll only address a few of these. Some of the points are very good, but since there are others chiming in agreement, I'll deal with more specifics.

About harassment: We did, and always will, ask that examples be given. You don't have to copy the posts yourself (and we would have to take into account that those might be doctored). Just send an e-mail with room and day and time so we can check the logs. If it's happening that often, surely you give those examples. Ruthia, I know we said that you but as far as I know, we never received any hard information. Do you guys really want us to ban someone for harassment based only another player's word?

About varying enforcement: The Code of Conduct isn't like the traffic codes and can't be. Things like degrees of nudity can't be quantified like speed limits. (Though I'd love to make up the chart for that: "clothing described as 'revealing' = 60 mph", up to ""explicit nudity in post or description = 150 mph", "speed limit in this room = 65 mph"). Does it differ by Magi? Honestly, yes, because we come from different backgrounds and what sounds very sexual to one might not be that way for another. That's why you're allowed to appeal if you think someone is being too harsh. A lot of the Code of Conduct is general community levels of comfort and those can't be made black and white. I don't know if it helps your understanding, but we often ping each other for reference: "This just happened. What would you have done?" So we do try to standardize but it doesn't always work exactly.

About harassment by Magi: We do not issue warnings if we don't believe there was an offense worth it. We usually try to discuss it first. If the attitude is "sorry! I didn't know, I didn't think this was over the line, I'll fix it" then we try to work with you to make sure you WILL fix it and you DO understand. If the attitude is "you don't know anything, you're not the boss of me, someone else did it and it was fine so why the hell are you picking on me" then we may not try as hard. Flip off the cop that pulls you over for speeding and see whether you get let go with a warning, or get the ticket you deserve. We are not rogue cops. We won't pull you over for no cause. But if you haven't learned how to accept authority, maybe you really should find an unmoderated site.

And Bari, sorry, but warnings for site violations are not going to be based on a user poll as to "how bad do you guys think this was?"

Ruthia

First Post
I Did Trelian. YOU were on one of the days that it was happening. But it's a mute point anymore. I avoid chat like it can give me the plague, plan and simple. I come in for like, Two people and even then I try not to stay long.

Bari

First Post
Magi_Trelian said:
And Bari, sorry, but warnings for site violations are not going to be based on a user poll as to "how bad do you guys think this was?"

Then, it's indeed not a family site.

Last edited:

Undying Redeemer

Banned
Banned
cameroth said:
well after this bit of nonsense that really isnt going to get anything accomplished anyways..i am officially finished...i am done with isrp as far as en world goes. i will however check in from time to time to see what other amusing posts have come forward, so i am sorry for those of you who have interacted with me and have storylines with me as well...i will most likely be on THE DEN from now on. and if any of you hate me or just really dont like me for any post i have put up, past or present..too bad i wont have to talk to you anymore..lol..have fun.. :)

Such a sad... sad... turn of events Cameroth.. I feel your desire...

But remember, friend.. turn your back to those whome are already blind, and they will surely put a knife in it.. Stay wary, for words are as sharp as blades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads