• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago EN World Game Day: The Aftermath! :)

shadowlight

First Post
In Chicago

We just made it to Chicago! Joshua Dyal and I just checked in to our suites (oooh they're nice... you've got to love high speed internet in room on you laptop :D)

mgrasso

First Post
Hey folks.

Well, I woke up this morning (Friday) feeling marginally worse than I did yesterday with this flu. Here's the deal: if I feel this bad or worse tomorrow morning, I cannot see myself gaming for 12 hours straight. It'll just be misery for both me and my players.

I'm sorry to have to do this, but can we at least have backup games ready in case I can't make it? Usually, I'd just soldier through this, but I can't even really speak very well for long periods right now without my voice rasping and eventually disappearing.

Sorry,

Mike

mgrasso said:
Hey folks.

Well, I woke up this morning (Friday) feeling marginally worse than I did yesterday with this flu. Here's the deal: if I feel this bad or worse tomorrow morning, I cannot see myself gaming for 12 hours straight. It'll just be misery for both me and my players.

I'm sorry to have to do this, but can we at least have backup games ready in case I can't make it? Usually, I'd just soldier through this, but I can't even really speak very well for long periods right now without my voice rasping and eventually disappearing.

Sorry,

Mike
Mike: Hope you feel better soon! Tylenol "Cold & Flu" works great for me; maybe it'd help you. It tastes like crap, but it does ease the symptoms.

Can you make a decision by midnight tonight and post? I'm driving down from Milwaukee, and if I'm not in a game in slot 1, I won't have to get up at 6 a.m. TIA

Take care of yourself!

jalea

First Post
Barendd,
If he bails I could squeeze you into my game if you wish.

Edit: removed possible deviousness that could have happened here.

Last edited:

mgrasso

First Post
Barendd Nobeard said:
Mike: Hope you feel better soon! Tylenol "Cold & Flu" works great for me; maybe it'd help you. It tastes like crap, but it does ease the symptoms.

Can you make a decision by midnight tonight and post? I'm driving down from Milwaukee, and if I'm not in a game in slot 1, I won't have to get up at 6 a.m. TIA

Take care of yourself!

Absolutely. I'll be online by this afternoon with a definite decision. Sorry again, guys.

Mike

shadowlight

First Post
Josh Dyal says squeeze up to ten people in the Tea Party game if worse comes to worse. Sorry, Mike! Hope you feel better.

Actually this is JD typing now; it's too much trouble to swap out the cookie on shadowlight's laptop, though.

mgrasso

First Post
Okay, guys, I think I have a solution. Matt, and everyone else, give me your feedback.

Since it doesn't look like the Call of Cthulhu game is going to get the four players I need pre-registered, and since Barendd would have to leave mega-early to get there, why don't we cancel that game. This will allow me to have more time in the morning to rest and get ready.

But I definitely want to run the Arcana Unearthed game. It's also the most-prepared at this point, which is good. Apologies to those of you who were in or interested in the Call of Cthulhu game, but I think this will be best for me (and my players). If anyone wants (including my CoC players), I could be convinced to run an action-heavy Star Wars mini-scenario at around 11 am (I've been totally influenced by the Clone Wars miniseries on Cartoon Network). This would also allow any latecomers to game if they want to.

Sound good?

Mike

Remove ads