Chicago Gameday 30 (Oct 15th): Event planning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjacat

First Post
I'm going to say that Ninjacat has dibbs on Table D for his inevitable and beloved Supernatural event. That only leaves Table I!

*snicker*

Indeed!

For a second there, I was worried the morning had filled, and I'd have to run Supernatural in the evening, and then Kelly might not be able to get a table...

..But my beloved Table D is still open, and it even was before Buzz gave me dibs, neat!

Okay, so let's call this GameDay's Supernatural event "Mixed Messages", for 6 players, at Table D. I still need to do a tad more research and see how RoadTrip Sn2ep5 goes before I write up a blurb, so I'll get back to you with that and an image next week. Oh, and since this is Jess "Horndog" Martin's episode for RoadTrip Season 2 (hence the occurring at GameDay XXX, heh,) I'm going to label this one as NOT appropriate for children. Or the squeamish.

And WOW, we're a little lopsided this time...somebody mentioned The Dresden Files RPG as a Halloween-month possibility...let's do it!

Buzz, please put me down as running a Dresden Files event in the afternoon for...let's call it four players. I've never run Dresden/FATE before, so I don't want to bury myself too deep. I'd love to stay at Table D, but if someone else with more players needs it, I can shift to Table A or B. (Also, there's a fairly good chance I can be talked into having 5 players, if people are interested.)

The title of the event is "When Vampires Attack"; it will be a Submerged Power Level game with original characters provided, set in the paranormal city of Aurora. (Don't laugh, we've got even more churches and cemeteries than Sunnydale; it's kinda crazy, actually...) I'll provide the blurb for this one next week, too, and I'll add links to either character sheets or at least summaries later, if I get them done in time.

ALSO, if we get a stampede of GMs who want to run events in the afternoon, I'm more than happy to hold off on this Dresden idea for another GameDay, but it seems the herd went for the morning slot this time, so...

Last edited:

Reidzilla

Explorer
...and that is why I asked to grab spots earlier via email. I figured a good portion of the room would disappear in a few hours.

Buzz, if you decide to do a commemorative t-shirt, I'd be happy to help.

Netter

First Post
Is Table E a low table? We really need to have a low table due to my husband's back problems. Thank you!

maintainie

First Post
I totally agree with your points. The steps of listing in your post are quite useful for getting this problems resolved.

Ninjacat

First Post
Is Table E a low table? We really need to have a low table due to my husband's back problems. Thank you!

Nanette, Table E is the first of the three "normal" tables in the middle of the room. . .I think the "rat game" you guys played last time was either at that table or the one next to it; Tables E, F, and G are all quite similar height-wise, I believe. The table my Buffy game was at was one of the two taller tables, Tables H & I.

Netter

First Post
Added! A new record, as we've never had any WoD run at Gameday, ever!

Whooohoo! We're the first! :cool:

Nanette, Table E is the first of the three "normal" tables in the middle of the room. . .I think the "rat game" you guys played last time was either at that table or the one next to it; Tables E, F, and G are all quite similar height-wise, I believe. The table my Buffy game was at was one of the two taller tables, Tables H & I.

Awesome!:D

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Take the High Ground!
Surcoat Medieval Fantasy Combat Miniatures Game
Simple Rules (easily taught, no exp necessary)
Up to 8 Players
Table H
Morning Game
Players will take their individual factions of Men, Orcs, Dwarves, Elves and more, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, and attempt to take and hold the prized territory!
Table prizes will be awarded.

101_0246.JPG

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Snakes? Why'd It Have to be Snakes? Wait, and Rats? And What the Hell is That?!?!
Griffins & Grottos Medieval Fantasy Wargame and Roleplaying System
Simple Rules (d20 based, easily taught, no exp necessary)
Pregen Characters provided
Up to 5 Players
Table C (private room)
Afternoon Game
Your Adventuring Gang have been deputized to go after the Snake Cult Thieves who make their lair in the sewers beneath the mighty Ronk City-State. The officials have chained all the grates so they can't escape. Bring back the twenty-one silver snake armbands and the officials will open one of the grates for your gang!
Table prizes will be awarded.

G%252526G_PG_MF_WARS_cover_01.GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads