Chicago Gameday 30 (Oct 15th): Event planning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracerBullet42

First Post
Cue up the Ray Parker Jr. and give me an afternoon slot for some Ghostbusters, please. I was planning to run some Pathfinder in the morning, too, but with WoD and CoC in the mix...I gots to play!

ekb

First Post
If I may request a little table in the morning (A or B on the map). Four players sounds right this time out...
Looking at the lack of love for the afternoon slots tempts me to move to the evening. So let's do that. Table A still works...

RFlatstone

First Post
(Blurb for my game - A.M.. Table E – This is my first ‘blurb’ so any suggestions would be appreciated)

A Nightmare At Hill Manor

(World of Darkness by White Wolf)

There are times when the rational world seems, if only for a second, to fall away. The leaves rustling in the trees on a still day. The movement just past the corner of your eye. We are taught to ignore the foolish impulse to react.

But for those who look too long, too closely, there is another world pulsing just behind the facade of the one we know. Unimaginable things skitter by in the darkness, and sometimes they intrude on the reasonable, ordered world. They seep from the shadows, they rattle their chains and they force you to look. If you're lucky--very, very lucky--you'll survive what you see.

But you'll never be the same again.

A Nightmare At Hill Manor is an introductory adventure for White Wolf’s World of Darkness setting; no prior experience is required and pre-generated characters will be provided. Due to some potentially graphic descriptions of horror violence, this game my not be suitable for younger or sensitive players.

Four to Six players (or potentially more)

pedro2112

First Post
Buzz,

Are you aware as to whether anyone will be hosting a D&D 4th Ed. Game? If not, I'd be more than happy to run one.

If I may request a little table in the morning (A or B on the map). Four players sounds right this time out...

Preliminary blurb--
Fire Base on the Borderlands
Game system: Recon (non-megaverse Palladium, d% roll-under system)
GM Provides Characters: Yes, with some character customization by the group
Power Level: Competent recon teams in Vietnam.
Tone & Feel: Hamburger Hill, Dog Soldiers & Full Metal Jacket (not Rambo or Delta Force)
Lethality: Yes. Characters will die (backup PCs will be on hand). Full military honors will be given for the best player death...
Rules Knowledge: Beginners Welcome
All ages?: Call it PG or TV-14...

You have the privilege of taking a hike from FSB Currahee along the Ho Chi Minh Trail with an idiot Air Force captain and his 2 FNG Lts. Like the A Shau valley is some friggin’ theme park or something. Technically, it’s a recon/recovery patrol at Hill 937, but it feels weirder than that. Something’s just not right. Maybe it’s this mixing Air Force with Airborne. Maybe it’s the missing pages from the briefing documents. Maybe it’s that the whole mission is classified as Top Secret, codeword Delta Green...

Holy. Crap. I ran this all the time when I was a wee lad. I haven't played it since the 80s. Awesome.

Nev the Deranged

First Post
TQY-1024x682.jpg

For a long time, we were at war with The Jackals. But now, we’ve driven them off, and we have this – a year of relative peace. One quiet year, with which to build our community up and learn once again how to work together. Come Winter, the Frost Shepherds will arrive and we might not survive beyond that. But we don’t know about that yet. What we know is that right now, in this moment, there is an opportunity to build something.

The Quiet Year is a map game. You define the struggles of a post-apocalyptic community, and attempt to build something good within their quiet year. Every decision and every action is set against a backdrop of dwindling time and rising concern.

The game is played using a deck of cards – each of the 52 cards corresponds to a week during the quiet year. Each card triggers certain events – bringing bad news, good omens, project delays and sudden changes in luck. At the end of the quiet year, the Frost Shepherds will come, ending the game.

• 3 Seats.
  • No gaming experience necessary.
  • Materials provided.

buzz

Adventurer
Okay, so let's call this GameDay's Supernatural event "Mixed Messages", for 6 players, at Table D.

Buzz, please put me down as running a Dresden Files event in the afternoon for...let's call it four players.
Added!

Buzz, if you decide to do a commemorative t-shirt, I'd be happy to help.
Thanks! I'll try to get something whipped up this seeking to how folks.

I totally agree with your points. The steps of listing in your post are quite useful for getting this problems resolved.
Spambot?

I can't wait to play!
Neither can I! I'm glad to see Ninjacat was able to answer your question about the table.

Cue up the Ray Parker Jr. and give me an afternoon slot for some Ghostbusters, please. I was planning to run some Pathfinder in the morning, too, but with WoD and CoC in the mix...I gots to play!
Added!

Looking at the lack of love for the afternoon slots tempts me to move to the evening. So let's do that. Table A still works...
Moved!

Buzz,

Are you aware as to whether anyone will be hosting a D&D 4th Ed. Game? If not, I'd be more than happy to run one.
No one has offered to run one as yet, so you are welcome to do so!

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Witch Hunter: The Invisible World
Age of Innocence
by Tim Chandler
Afternoon
Table F

Welcome to the world of Witch Hunter: Dark Providence! WH: DP is an ongoing, shared-world role-playing campaign in which brave heroes and heroines fight against evil, whether it takes the form of genuine monsters which serve the Adversary or simple human injustice and persecution. It uses the Witch Hunter: The Invisible World rules published by Paradigm Concepts.

The campaign is set in the late seventeenth century -- the year 1689, to be exact -- at the dawn of the Age of Reason, when men and women were first beginning to realize that experimentation and study could teach them as much about the world as religion ever had. It is the time of Isaac Newton and Louis XIV, of pirates and musketeers, and of the young colonies that would eventually evolve into the nations of the Americas. The world of Witch Hunter is almost identical to our own, though there are a few crucial differences. The Aztec Empire, aided by its bloodthirsty gods, has held off Spanish invaders for over 150 years. The Netherlands, aided by the commercial and magical influence of the Dutch East India Company, still occupy New Amsterdam, the city which was already New York in our history. And, most significantly, the horrible creatures and baleful spirits mothers warn their children about are all too real...

In the city of Philadelphia, you can cut the tension with a sword. The colonists and the local Indian tribes are on the brink of war. With one wrong word from either side, the powder keg will explode. Is this the inevitable result of a clash of cultures, or is the Adversary pulling the strings and manipulating events to a more sinister end?

Part 2 of the Innocence saga. It is not necessary to have played Part 1.

Last edited:

ekb

First Post
(Blurb for my game - A.M.. Table E – This is my first ‘blurb’ so any suggestions would be appreciated)
  • The write-up is a little long, but flavorful.
  • There is a need for technical information: pregens? how many players? If this were a TV show or movie, what rating would you (as ST) like it to have? First post has the checklist.
  • {and this has been my concern with running WoD at GDs, and why I've avoided it so far} Will you have backup characters on hand in case of PC death? How much background will the players need to have in the system? The "Hill Manor" scenario was written to avoid many of these concerns and have fungible characters, but it's something to consider for future scenarios.
Other than that, it looks good IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads