• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday 31 is 3/17: call for GMs (i.e., event planning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz

Adventurer
Okay, folks, the official date for player sign-up has been announced. I just sent this to the mailing list:

This is the official announcement about player sign-up for Gameday 31.

* Player sign-up for Gameday 31 will start at 7:30pm on Monday, March 5th. *

At that time, I will create a player sign-up thread on ENWorld and post the URL to this email list, on Facebook, the Gameday website, and various other social media.

To sign up for an event, go to the sign-up thread mentioned above and post the event(s) in which you'd like to participate. Sign-ups are processed in the order they are posted in the thread. It's a good idea to keep an eye on the thread in case the event you originally chose fills up before you are able to post.​

Toddjank

First Post
Want to run

Hi there! This is Todd. I will be coming and would be interested in running something in either the morning or afternoon, depending on what is needed. I'm proposing Misspent Youth. I'd put a limit of five players on it, and no prior experience is necessary. I plan on attending all day, so I can do either the morning or afternoon.

Additionally, people I am coming with may also be interested in running if more GMs are needed. I would also be happy to run something else, if that would be useful. Games we could run are Apocalypse World, Mouse Guard, On Mighty Thews, and Dread. Please let me know if you're interested in another slot being filled.

Thanks!

WJMacGuffin

Explorer
Hi there! This is Todd. I will be coming and would be interested in running something in either the morning or afternoon, depending on what is needed. I'm proposing Misspent Youth. I'd put a limit of five players on it, and no prior experience is necessary. I plan on attending all day, so I can do either the morning or afternoon.

Additionally, people I am coming with may also be interested in running if more GMs are needed. I would also be happy to run something else, if that would be useful. Games we could run are Apocalypse World, Mouse Guard, On Mighty Thews, and Dread. Please let me know if you're interested in another slot being filled.

Thanks!
Misspent Youth rocks. Run that. Run that hard. Just my opinion, mind you.

buzz

Adventurer
Welcome, Todd! (Are you one of the JankCast folks?)

Running an event in the afternoon would be great, as then we'd be at 7 events in both slots. Any of your friends who want to run an event will then be gravy, so either slot is good for their participation.

Regardless, all you need to do is post the details of your event in this thread, as per the instructions in the first post.

And, yes, do bring lots of friends to Gameday. :)

TracerBullet42

First Post
Slot One
Table C
"Here kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty!"
Pathfinder
6 seats

Oh my gosh! Someone has stolen all (or nearly all) of the kittens! Who would do such a thing? Are you kidding me? Is this really the plot of a role playing game?

Yes! It is! "Here kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty!" is a Pathfinder adventure geared towards young players. (Not that older players can't sign up to play, mind you...) It will be rated PG and be full of silliness. Pregenerated characters will be provided, and no previous experience is necessary.

(No kittens were harmed in the making of this game...much.)

Toddjank

First Post
Misspent Youth

Yep. This is Todd from the Jank Cast. Here's my proposal:

1) Game = Misspent Youth
2) 4-5 players (not counting me)
3) Let's say table E.
4) A catchy title is a bit of a challenge because there's no scenario in Misspent Youth. We'll do the world and scenario creation on the fly. Why don't we just use the blurb from the game- "Misspent Youth: A Game of Sci-Fi Teenaged Rebellion."
5) Blurb: "Misspent Youth is a role-playing game in which the player take the role of Young Offenders (YOs), or teenagers who are taking on The Man in a dystopian, sci-fi future. The GM plays "The Authority," who will do whatever he can to stop them from undermining his power. We will do full character and world creation at the table, so come ready to create a messed-up future you can't wait to tear down."
6) Afternoon.
7) I do not need prior experience with the rules.
8) I would say that this is 16 and up. Some parents would probably object to their kids playing this game.
9) No pregens. We do it all at the table, and it requires no prior knowledge of the rules to create a character.
10) Check it out here: Misspent Youth

My friend Megan might be interested in running Dread (the Jenga game). I'll tell her to come post if she wants to commit.

meganjank

First Post
Dread! (if you need it)

Hi everyone! This is Megan of the Jank Cast. If you still need another game on the slate, I'm happy to run a session of Dread.

Here's my proposal:

1) Game = Dread
2) 4-6 players (not counting me)
3) Whatever is still open. I think that leaves H or I. Because the game mechanics are based around a Jenga tower, we need a table that is sturdy.
4) I'll run "Beneath the Mask", a story from the original Dread book.
5) Blurb: Dread is a game of horror and hope. Those who play will participate in a mutual telling of an original macabre tale. The goal of Dread is to sustain the delicate atmosphere the invokes hand-quivering emotion and to experience the thrill that lies within the tension between desire and loss. Also, there is this Jenga tower, you see. KNOCK OVER THE TOWER AT YOUR OWN PERIL.
6) Afternoon, since that's when my ride will be there.
7) There is no need to have prior experience with the rules. Mad Jenga skillz are a bonus, but not necessary.
8) This is 16 and up due to the horror content. Some parents might object to their kids playing this game.
9) No pregens. Everything will be done at the table, prior to the start of game play. Also, you don't need dice to play.

If you don't need me to run it, no worries. I'll be there with Todd to play something.

Thanks!
Megan

buzz

Adventurer
Yep. This is Todd from the Jank Cast. Here's my proposal:

1) Game = Misspent Youth
2) 4-5 players (not counting me)
3) Let's say table E.
Added. Thanks, Todd!

Hi everyone! This is Megan of the Jank Cast. If you still need another game on the slate, I'm happy to run a session of Dread.

Here's my proposal:

1) Game = Dread
2) 4-6 players (not counting me)
3) Whatever is still open.
Added. Welcome to Gameday, Megan, and thanks for stepping up! I've gone ahead and put you at table F and moved my game to table G. G is a large, tall table intended for wargaming; it's sturdy, but very large, so I'm not sure if people would be able to reach the Jenga tower easily. However, we can swap at game time if need be.

We are now full-up for the afternoon!

Ninjacat

First Post
Buzz/Megan:

Fiasco can spread out a little, since it uses cards on display for all players to see...I'm willing to swap Table B with Megan's Table F, if the smaller table would be more Dread friendly? My only worry is that it's next to the bathroom (obv. a high-traffic area,) but it's not a tight squeeze or anything, I think it would work well.

Also, Megan, I've run Dread at Gen Con in the past; I bring a barstool to put the tower on and just move my assigned table out of the way. I'm not sure how mobile Table B is or if there's a spot to really put it aside, but I can bring my Dread-stool if you'd like to try.

ekb

First Post
Buzz/Megan:

Fiasco can spread out a little, since it uses cards on display for all players to see...I'm willing to swap Table B with Megan's Table F, if the smaller table would be more Dread friendly? My only worry is that it's next to the bathroom (obv. a high-traffic area,) but it's not a tight squeeze or anything, I think it would work well.
Or, given the less fragile nature of Microscope, I move to B, Megan gets A (which also creates an enticing visual from the door... yadda yadda "creating operational excitement" yadda), and Fiasco sprawls over to F.
Not writ in stone - just an idea...
Also, Megan, I've run Dread at Gen Con in the past; I bring a barstool to put the tower on and just move my assigned table out of the way. I'm not sure how mobile Table B is or if there's a spot to really put it aside, but I can bring my Dread-stool if you'd like to try.
I'll second the suggestion of a separate surface for the tower, both for Dread and Hell For Leather - in my case, it's a foldable TV tray. The only issue I've had with it has been "delay of game" as players move from seats to the tower and back.
Table A (or B) is very stable on it's own and small enough to reach across... but equally, players can inadvertently knock the table outside of a pull in the process of casual gestures if they like talking with their hands. Depending on how cut-throat/tense/chaotic the scenario is, that might not be a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads