• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday 37 Event Planning

PhilK

First Post
I've been talking about it, so here's my hat into the ring.
  • [highlight]Time[/highlight]: afternoon (3:30 p.m.)
  • [highlight]Game system[/highlight]: The Play's The Thing by Mark Diaz Truman.
  • [highlight]Event Title[/highlight]: Beware the Ides of March!
  • [highlight]Description[/highlight]: In The Play's The Thing, players take the roles of thespians during a production of a Bardic play as egos and artistic ambitions clash. As Game Day falls on the fateful 15th of March, we will be playing The Chicago Shakespeare Theater (good ol' Chicago Shakes!) as they put on a spring production of Julius Caesar. GM-less, collaborative story telling game. Rules will be taught, some knowledge of theater tropes and the play Julius Caesar is encouraged but not required.
  • [highlight]Content Rating[/highlight]: Adults only
  • [highlight]Number of Players[/highlight]: 4
  • [highlight]Table Preference[/highlight]: None.

Cesar-sa_mort.jpg

buzz

Adventurer
I'm really in a quandary about what to run this time around.

Considering:

Runequest 6, the new edition by The Design Mechanism

Runequest 2, the classic Chaosium version

Dresden Files RPG, 'cause it's been a while

Strange Tales of the Century, i.e., SotC, but who knows if I can read the whole book by 3/15

Torchbearer, because it's awesome

I need to sit down this weekend and make a decision.

Ninjacat

First Post
I'm really in a quandary about what to run this time around.

Considering...Dresden Files RPG, 'cause it's been a while

I need to sit down this weekend and make a decision.

I'm in a similar quandary...I have three events I really SHOULD run before Gen Con, and GameDay is my best opportunity...but do I want to run in all four GameDay slots before Gen Con? What if something awesome comes up and I can't play?

The kicker for me is that two of my three possibles are games that aren't in hardcopy yet (Cartoon Action Hour: Sn3 being one of them,) so the only one that would be easy to do this time is The Dresden Files using Fate Accelerated. But Matt's running Star Wars FAE in the morning slot...do we want FAE all day? If Yes, sure, why not!? Or if you want to run Dresden, that's a good reason for me not to (I might even decide CAH:S3 is easy enough to fake and decide to PLAY Dresden instead, at that point!)

So, if my Dresden variables help narrow yours down, hurray! If not...um, sorry for making things more complicated instead of less? (Heh.)

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
If you want my input (for either of you), it would be Dresden in the morning slot. But that's just me being selfish. I know Laurie would like to play Dresden again too.

Ninjacat

First Post
If you want my input (for either of you), it would be Dresden in the morning slot. But that's just me being selfish. I know Laurie would like to play Dresden again too.

Ummmm, Poop.

I'd much prefer to run FAE!Dresden (that's hilarious; I'm adding a Changeling character to my roster...) in the afternoon, since it's going to be a learning experience for me, and we all know mornings and I don't get along, heh. Laurie wants to play Dread again, doesn't she? Shouldn't it be afternoon? Ah well. I can totally run FAE!Dresden in the morning and Dread in the afternoon if that works better; I'm just waiting for more input.

Chime in gang, which way do I go with this? Buzz? Laurie? Kelly? Jenn? Matt? Bueller? Anybody?

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Ummmm, Poop.

I'd much prefer to run FAE!Dresden (that's hilarious; I'm adding a Changeling character to my roster...) in the afternoon, since it's going to be a learning experience for me, and we all know mornings and I don't get along, heh. Laurie wants to play Dread again, doesn't she? Shouldn't it be afternoon? Ah well. I can totally run FAE!Dresden in the morning and Dread in the afternoon if that works better; I'm just waiting for more input.

Chime in gang, which way do I go with this? Buzz? Laurie? Kelly? Jenn? Matt? Bueller? Anybody?

I want to run MHRP and I have to keep my slot in the afternoon. I'm at a different company now where the 15th of the month is a Very Important Date. I explained to my manager that the start of planning was the point I needed to know whether I could volunteer, but that work came first so I needed to know. Her reply was that I can submit my work to her by the 14th. That coupled with a "no overtime" edict should leave me work-free, but the no-overtime keeps getting overturned for others who need to meet deadlines and my work depends on others getting their work done, so...

That's why I prefer Dresden (from you or Buzz) in the morning. Laurie won't care which slot either way and she does want to play Dread again as well.

Last edited:

Pbartender

First Post
Well, it'll be Space Opera vs. Urban Fantasy, so no real conflict there... And while they are close cousins, FAE is different enough from Dresden Files.

Oh, and while I have 6 seats listed, two of them are reserved for my son and daughter.

In other words... It won't bother me to have another Fate game in the mix. It's a good system that deserves more people playing it.

Last edited:

Ninjacat

First Post
<snip> ..That's why I prefer Dresden (from you or Buzz) in the morning. Laurie won't care which slot either way and she does want to play Dread again as well.

Well, it'll be Space Opera vs. Urban Fantasy, so no real conflict there... <snip> It won't bother me to have another Fate game in the mix. It's a good system that deserves more people playing it.

Laurie doesn't care either way, but if you DO end up having to work, she'll only make the pm slot, right Vyv?

And Matt, you're giving it the go ahead, so that's enough to make up my indecisive mind, heh.

Buzz, let's switch my Dread to the afternoon, rest of my first post still applies fine, and add me as the Dresden Files: Fate Unlimited in the morning slot, unless we get more GM submissions and I shouldn't run twice. (If alla this makes you decide you DO want to run Dresden, or somebody runs Monsterhearts or something awesome in the morning, I may cancel my FAE.)

I'll get back to you with a full submission, but it'll be five Players and prefer Table D, but doesn't matter.

Remove ads