• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday: Read about what you missed

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
The most common complaint in the past, IIRC, has been that there aren't enough d20 games being offered.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Well, d20 is the biggest beast so that does make sense. Still, it's kinda of strange that more people don't want to try out other games.

Perhaps some Feng Shui or Unknown Armies could cure that!

Then again, perhaps it's just that due to the short nature of the game, people enjoy being able to pick up and play, almost like a standard card game?

Pbartender

First Post
That's probably part of it, Joe... d20 has become pretty universal, and if you know one d20 game, you can learn another d20 game pretty quickly.

Anyway... I'd like to see a few non-d20 games, but we certainly should make certain that there are a couple of d20 games in each slot too.

buzz

Adventurer
It really all comes down to what the GMs who volunteer are willing to run; we can't really dictate. :) While I realize that non-d20 games probably run a higher risk of empty seats, I would certainly hope that no one feels obligated to run d20 games. The best games are always the ones the GM knows well and enjoys running, regardless of system.

I dunno. I get to play D&D all the time in my regular groups, so when I go to a Gameday, I specifically look for something different. As a GM, I also look at Gameday as an opportunity to pimp a system I think is neat. :) But, maybe I'm the exception. As Joe and Pb mention, maybe more people just want to play something they know, rather than have to learn a new system within a 4-hour slot.

Remove ads