Chicago Gameday: Read about what you missed

buzz

Adventurer
Mark said:
They sound interesting but you are jumping the gun, which might be problematic for the organizers of the gamedays.
And you never know what hot new RPG might catch your fancy between now and then. It's always a coup to have an event that uses a product with fresh hype. I suspect that if mgrasso had run that Eberron adventure, a lot of people would have jumped ship. :)

But, man, it's good to see this kind of enthusiasm. I was half-tempted to start posting my ideas for the next Gameday, too, but I figure it'd be overkill. I'm still recovering from this one!

JoeGKushner

First Post
One thing that I think more people should try is the D&D minis. That's a fun game. Perhaps a specific scenario in the second slot with a general info session in the first slot. Some type of prize, maybe a pack from the Giants of Legend?

And all this time I've been using mine just for D&D when I could've been using all of them instead!

Dare I suggest it? Yes, I dare.

Barendd Nobeard said:
But you promised to run TORG!

Pbartender said:
I PROMISED NOTHING!

But I'll see what I can do... It all depends whether I can (re)learn the system within four months.

Pbartender said:
That's probably part of it, Joe... d20 has become pretty universal, and if you know one d20 game, you can learn another d20 game pretty quickly.

Anyway... I'd like to see a few non-d20 games, but we certainly should make certain that there are a couple of d20 games in each slot too.

TORG d20, anyone? Details here.

(running for cover....)

William Ronald

Explorer
Would it help if I contact someone who might want to run a Living Greyhawk or Living Kalamar event? Also, how long will we keep the thread open to vote on the date of the next Game Day?

buzz

Adventurer
William Ronald said:
Would it help if I contact someone who might want to run a Living Greyhawk or Living Kalamar event?
Certainly. A LG or LK game would probably be a good draw. I dunno if we need to be working too hard on this right now, though. We've got three-and-a-half months...

William Ronald said:
Also, how long will we keep the thread open to vote on the date of the next Game Day?
I'm fine leaving the thread open as long as people want to post. We still haven't seen any photos yet! :D

It does seem that 10/16 is leading 10/23 by a good margin, though. I say we pencil that in as the official date unless there's a flood of requests in the next few days.

Reidzilla

Explorer
Mark said:
Reid - You should edit your post and save those descriptions on your computer until after Buzz has set a date, until he has finished with his general polling attendees (for various bits of input), and until he has officially called for DM submissions for games. They sound interesting but you are jumping the gun, which might be problematic for the organizers of the gamedays.

Sorry, but I am accustom to having to list my events with Origins/Gencon by Christmas. That is a full 6-8 months before the con. Ack!

Buzz said:
And you never know what hot new RPG might catch your fancy between now and then. It's always a coup to have an event that uses a product with fresh hype. I suspect that if mgrasso had run that Eberron adventure, a lot of people would have jumped ship.

As far as I know, there isn't anything coming out by October that I "just gota buy/run!"

Mark said:
(...and save me some of that jell-o, please...)
Three Week Old JELL-O said:
Sorry Mark but, I am going steady with a Gelatinous Cube right now. Thanks for the offer though ;)
Eeewwwww.....

Remove ads