Chicago Gameday XI a success! Share your war stories.

William Ronald

Explorer
Hi, buzz:

Sorry that I have been away but I have been busy -- and had computer problems as well. Fortunately, I have time and the computer woes are resolved. I will give you my choices and I will mention this over at a few other sites.

Sign me up for breakfast as well as Slot 1,Game 4a: Land of hte Lost Heroes, Slot 1, Game 4b: It's the End of the World As We Know It Pretty Much Period..., and Slot 2, Game 6: Runeskull Island,

Buzz, if for some reason we get a huge number of walk-ins during the morning, I am willing to bow out of my morning slots and serve as a back up DM.

So far, it looks like the Gameday is coming together. Come on July.

Ninjacat

First Post
Sir Brennen said:
Ninjacat,

Is the Buffy/Angel event suitable for those un-initiated in the game system?

Absotively. I ALWAYS play fast and loose with the rules, put the focus on the group story-telling, etc, but the whole point of the Game Day Double Feature is to give people a chance to try new systems, games they haven't played before.

Unisystem is TOTALLY easy to learn & play, just needs one d10. And this scenario doesn't rely on anything too specific, knowledge of the BtVS or Angel RPGames is not at all needed. A knowledge of the show will be helpful in the sense of "mood" or "atmosphere" but is not at ALL required for the game itself.

Hope to see you there! *g*

Master: *monologues on his triumph of opening the Hellmouth & defeating the Slayer*
Buffy: (staring raptly in supposedly hypnotized state at his permanently blood-stained face)
"You have fruit-punch mouth."

Nazriel

First Post
Alrighty...

I'd like to sign up for Slot 2's Game 1: Nine Lives, Cat RPG.

Oh, and Thalmin told me there was an entry fee for Gameday. $50 a person as he reminded me it is, "as fun or funner than Six Flags. And it's my store, so pay up."*

Buzz, how much of a cut are you receiving from him? And be careful about him skimming off the top. You know how those wily game store owners are... :D

*Disclaimer: Stated quotes are not actual quotes but merely words which have quotation marks around them. Any lawsuits for libel or defaming of character are hereby made a dumb and stupid thing to do. Please don't send assassins, it was trouble cleaning up the last batch off of the floor and walls without the landlord finding out.

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
Nazriel said:
Alrighty...

I'd like to sign up for Slot 2's Game 1: Nine Lives, Cat RPG.
Done! Another event fills up.

Nazriel said:
Oh, and Thalmin told me there was an entry fee for Gameday. $50 a person as he reminded me it is, "as fun or funner than Six Flags. And it's my store, so pay up."

Buzz, how much of a cut are you receiving from him? And be careful about him skimming off the top. You know how those wily game store owners are... :D
Well, the funner than Six Flags comment was true...

rowport

First Post
Buzz: will you volunteer to put on a rubber bald-head and bow tie, and dance around to that annoyingly catchy Six Flags tune?

Now *that* would be worth the price of admission. Which is, to say, free. :)

buzz

Adventurer
rowport said:
Buzz: will you volunteer to put on a rubber bald-head and bow tie, and dance around to that annoyingly catchy Six Flags tune?
I was at Six Flags last weekend, and, I tell ya, I was humming that song for the next couple of days.

Oh, and to answer your question: No.

Split the Hoard

Split the Hoard
Negotiate, demand, or steal the loot you desire!

A competitive card game for 2-5 players
Remove ads