• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XVI: the aftermath!

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Ronald

Explorer
Hi, Buzz:

Sign me up for Slot 0, Breakfast; Slot 1, Game 1: Agon, "The Isle of Oryonica"
Slot 2 Game 2: D&D 3.5, "Caverns of the Condemned"

I will see about bringing a few things for the prize table and a few things for those who miss breakfast.

Yort

First Post
Hey Buzz,

Sign me up for Slot 2, Game 5 Gamma World. I want giant badgers with frickin' laser beams or there will be hell to pay!

I'll sign up for the morning slot...in the morning, but I see the badgers with beams are proving too much to miss, so I'll throw my name in that hat now.

Kelleris

Explorer
Sign me up for Slot 1, Game 3 and Slot 2, Game 2. I'd kinda like to join the other TB's game - giant elephant-based cities are always for the win - but I just can't pass up the opportunity to finally get to play CoC d20. I've owned the book since it came out, after all...

I'd also like to try Gamma Oz, but I gotta get me some D&D time in here. Well, maybe not. Can anyone give me a run-down on what the Gamma World system is like? Post-apocalyptic, obviously, but all I know about it is that they made a d20 minigame based on it a while back, Omega World, and that was pretty interesting...

Ninjacat

First Post
Buzz:

YAY! for Game Day!! I missed last time; I'm totally jonesing for a fix now, heh.

Please sign me up for Slot 1 Game 3: Summer Road Trip

Game 4 looks AWESOME, but I already bought the DVD set on a lunchbreak and spent the rest of my shift reading the whole thing (twice), so I'll let some other brave, nostalgic-for-the-80s soul go for it.

And I forwarded the sign-up notification email to reidmcc & glorgana, so you should see another sign-up or two. They would've made last June, but we were all nitwits and missed each other. We'll make it happen this time. *g*

Excellent. Plenty of victims already.

Just for fun, I'll even toss out the tentative characters (subject to change slightly) for perusal.

buzz, i've got a new description for ya.... :) (i'm demanding, i know) :)

It'll be a summer that you'll never forget...if you survive.

You've made it through four years of high school, if not longer together, and this summer was going to be your last blast before you all went your separate ways in college. You set out from home in a van with your five best friends for a two-week roadtrip full of drinking, having fun, and laying on the beach, and didn't have a care in the world. Then the thunderstorm came--one of the worst you've ever seen--and your van went flying off the road and into a tree.

Your van is totalled, your cell phones don't work, and the storm has drenched you to the bone. Even worse, you have a terrifying feeling that there's something hidden in the woods, watching you. Every step you take, you hear whispers over the roar of the storm. Could the rusted sign for "Forest City Amusement Park" pointing down an abandoned road lead you to at least a little shelter from the storm? Or will it only lead you to madness.

A game of modern horror for 6 players. No experience needed, but knowing a bit of d20 mechanic means you basically know the system. Characters will be pre-generated teen movie stereotypes (see below), if you really are interested in playing a certain type of character, I'm willing to let people 'call dibs' here on the board.

And I'm already planning the fun you'll have once you start losing 20% increments of your sanity. First person to drop below 5% sanity might be able to win a prize. Expect Sanity loss. And lots of it.

Cast:
Ted Stevens, Crescent Heights High School Quarterback
Stephanie Kaltiera, Cheerleader, Ted's girlfriend
Katrina Petrowski, computer geek with a dark secret...
Kaylee Jones, flute section leader, Crescent Heights Marching Band (no american pie jokes....until gameday.)
Carter Jackson, captain of the basketball team.
Jim Perry, the token fat guy, class clown

FCWesel

First Post
buzz said:
No problem, FC! Now, if you'll just PayPal me your registration fee...

Yeah...that check's in the e-mail... Yeah, that's the ticket! I konw it is...because my wife...Morgan Fairchild!...yeah, that's the ticket...sent it in. :cool:

Pbartender

First Post
Man... Tough choice here.

I think I've got to go with Slot 1, Game 4: Beneath the Blade of Sword Mountain.

Oh... And I'll be there for breakfast too.

AstroCat

Adventurer
Morning:

1 for: Keibot
Game 3: Call of Cthulhu d20, "Summer Road Trip," GM: Trevalon Moonleirion

Afternoon:

2 for: (myself and my wife) AstroCat and Keibot
Game 5: Follow, follow, follow, follow, follow the Legion of Gold!

If game 2 does not have room for 2 put Keibot in Game 1: Iron Heroes, "The Iron Heroes vs. The Tomb of Horrors," GM: Pbartender

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads