• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XVI: the aftermath!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvalle

First Post
Please sign me up for Slot 1 game 7 "THE REDCOATS GIANT, FRICKIN' ELEPHANTS WITH CITIES ON THEIR BACKS ARE COMING!!!"

By the way... Wilimac's quote should be (closing eyes) "I wish I was my normal halfling self!"

And Slot 2 game 3
"The Century Club Chronicles: The New Centurions Versus the Sun of E.V.I.L.," GM: FCWesel

buzz

Adventurer
TracerBullet42, bigznak, sw3333, William Ronald, Yort, Kelleris, Ninjacat, JoeGKushner, Pbartender, AstroCat, Keibot, Vyvyan Basterd, Vyvyan Basterd's wife, rvalle... ADDED!

We also have a winner in the "First Event To Fill Up" category... mine! I even expanded it to eight players; let's hope it's not too much of a disaster.

Second place... Mark CMG's "Caverns of the Condemned"! Congrats, Mark.

Looks like Trev Cthulhu game and rowport's D&D Animated are vying for third.

AstroCat

Adventurer
Ok, change in plans after consulting with the wife... let's do this:

AstoCat and Keibot
Game 2: Death in the Tombs of Moldvay
Basic D&D (1980)

AstroCat and Keibot:
Game 1: The Iron Heroes vs. The Tomb of Horrors

So, we will leave Gamma World to a more reasonable 6 players and play some old school D&D instead of Cthulhu.

Thanks for the help. :)

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
AstroCat said:
Ok, change in plans after consulting with the wife...
Changes made... though don't feel like you had to drop out of the GW game. I've wrangled groups that large before. :)

IH and D&D:Animated are now neck-and-neck for third!

AstroCat

Adventurer
Don't forget to move Keibot out of:

Game 3: Summer Road Trip
Call of Cthulhu d20

wouldn't want to have someone not get in that wants to play.

I felt bad making it 8 players for GW, I know people would have to wait a lot more before they could play with that many people. Thanks though. :)

TracerBullet42

First Post
rvalle said:
Please sign me up for Slot 1 game 7 "THE REDCOATS GIANT, FRICKIN' ELEPHANTS WITH CITIES ON THEIR BACKS ARE COMING!!!"

By the way... Wilimac's quote should be (closing eyes) "I wish I was my normal halfling self!"
Ah, I couldn't remember the exact quote.

I need a favor from you...roll a d% and let me know what you get.

rowport

First Post
Holy cow, those slots are going *fast*! Whee! Buzz, please sign me up for your Gamma World game in Slot 2. I am fuzzy on your number of slots, so my second choice is Iron Heroes.

Edit: Possible correction depending on number of slots in Buzz's game!

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
buzz said:
TracerBullet42, bigznak, sw3333, William Ronald, Yort, Kelleris, Ninjacat, JoeGKushner, Pbartender, AstroCat, Keibot, Vyvyan Basterd, Vyvyan Basterd's wife, rvalle... ADDED!

We also have a winner in the "First Event To Fill Up" category... mine! I even expanded it to eight players; let's hope it's not too much of a disaster.

Second place... Mark CMG's "Caverns of the Condemned"! Congrats, Mark.

Looks like Trev Cthulhu game and rowport's D&D Animated are vying for third.

Congratulations, Buzz!!!

One thing that I have done that has helped for large events is to add more support for the villains in the terms of henchmen, and have a slight increase in the power of single creatures in encounters.

As for additional character ideas, you could try a talking, mobile tree that throws fruit, a winged monkey, or maybe draw on a few ideas from the resources at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Oz_books .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads