• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XXII Planning Thread; our date is March 21st

Status
Not open for further replies.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
thalmin: Are there any specific tables that have been reserved for WWD&DGD? I wouldn't want someone to call dibs on a table that was already spoken for.
I just figured the 2 4x6 tables by the front door. No problems.

HinterWelt

First Post
If there is room: Afternoon, 5 Slots

Zombipocalypse: A Day at the Zoo
You are trying to escape the end of days in Chicago. You have heard there is a National Guard hold out at Des Moines but first you need to stop at the Zoo. Jenny, one of your group, worked there as an assistant and she saw a rhesus monkey that researchers had found was immune to the Virus. You need to get this monkey to the hold outs at Des Moines. You need to survive. Doing both will be difficult at best. Can you face Brookfield and the Infected?

This will be using The System where all you need is 3d6. Characters will be provided. Characters to come along soon.

Zombiepocalypse.gif

Last edited:

Fenril Knight

First Post
Hello, Buzz!

I would like to run that D&D 3.5 Eberron module "The Golden Dragon" in the afternoon, which is for 5 people but can fit up to 6, the one I was going to run last time but ended up having to work. THAT particular problem has been ironed out this time so I shouldn't have a problem!

I'll edit this post later with a more detailed description of the module later. Have a good night, everyone!

buzz

Adventurer
I will be there to run another indie game. I haven't run my own Hero's Banner in a while. I am also thinking it would be fun to run Space Rat. I'd like to put it up for a vote. But if I don't hear anything one way or the other, I'll just pick one.
I loves me some Hero's Banner, but that Space Rat game looks pretty hilarious. First I've heard of it!

Any idea if you want the morning or afternoon?

I'd like to run another Star Wars Saga Edition game in the morning.
If there is room: Afternoon, 5 Slots

Zombipocalypse: A Day at the Zoo
I would like to run that D&D 3.5 Eberron module "The Golden Dragon" in the afternoon...
All added to the roster. Thanks, folks!

Solodan

First Post
I'd like to DM/Coordinate/Assist with 4E PHB 2 D&D Release Event.

Is this something we'd like to integrate into the Chicago Games Day, or run concurrently/seperately?

WJMacGuffin

Explorer
Hi! I'll post some details tomorrow, but could you please reserve one evening table for Paranoia, 6-8 players.

Also, I'd like to offer a palor narration style rpg called The Chrysalis Revolt (a GameChef 2008 entry) for breakfast. Again, details will follow tomorrow.

Thanks!

Ninjacat

First Post
Hey, Everybody!

Forgive me for tooting my own horn for a second here, but I'm gonna:

I'm making my RPG publishing debut in May, in the first Cartoon Action Hour: Season Two supplement: "After These Messages". For those who aren't familiar with CAH:S2, it's an RPG that's 100% based on 80s action cartoons, built from the ground up to reflect that genre, not just a Random RPG System With (Insert Genre Here) Flavor Text And Artwork. Nope, this thing runs on Cartoon Logic and Cheese, Awesome (Totally!)

Anyway, there was a contest to create a new "series" for the game's first supplement...and my entry won. You can read the official announcement at Spectrum Games' page, _here_.

So, that's coming out in May, so I'm fairly obligated to run a session at the Summer GameDay...unless people want a sneak preview this time? But that'd have to be if there's room for me to run a second slot -and I really want to play Tim's Hero's Banner, so I'm happy waiting until June or even July, heh. This time, though, I still owe Laurie a session of Unisystem Supernatural.

Tim, Laurie ran a Hero's Banner session at the Antioch GameDay last year, and she absolutely insisted her players should play if you ever run it again. Sounds like a blast to me, so you've got my vote for HB, and I'm willing to bet Laurie would want to play with you as GM again, too.

That being said, Buzz, I'll run my SPN event in whichever slot Tim doesn't want to run in (since he doesn't seem to have any preference either, I'll say afternoon, but if he'd rather run in the afternoon or it works better that way for whatever other reason, fine by me.)

"Survival Camp"
The sun sets late in summer, so by the time it's been dark for even a little while, it's already late at night. So when the Roadhouse's phone rang an hour after sunset, the Harvelle's bar was already busy. Which was a good thing when it turned out the girl on the other end was a friend of Jo's in desperate need of help. Jo has all the help she could ask for to lend her friend a hand...as long as they can get to her before it's too late...

"Survival Camp" is an adventure-horror game for up to six players in the setting of the CW television show Supernatural, using the Unisystem Classic rules. Unisystem is a simple system, requiring only 1d10 for all resolution rolls, no experience necessary. Familiarity with the TV show is also not required, but it might help. All you really need to know is that the supernatural exists: ghosts, demons, hauntings, possessions...and some of those who know about it fight back. Saving people, hunting things...

(More information on the event can be found _here_.)

Last edited:

Lifelike

First Post
Space rat

I will be there to run another indie game. I haven't run my own Hero's Banner in a while. I am also thinking it would be fun to run Space Rat. I'd like to put it up for a vote. But if I don't hear anything one way or the other, I'll just pick one.

Never heard of space rat, but it sounds awesome from the bio. Is it like "Maid RPG" but with spaceships? Hehe.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
I'd like to DM/Coordinate/Assist with 4E PHB 2 D&D Release Event.

Is this something we'd like to integrate into the Chicago Games Day, or run concurrently/seperately?
Thanks for the offer. Contact me at the store about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads