Choose One Cantrip You'd Like In Real Life

Choose One Cantrip You'd Like In Real Life

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
It's not a timesaver, really. I think it just speaks to where your dreams go after a while-

"Let's see. I could be a hero. Or I could make millions of dollars! Or, maybe go dark and villainy and become an international assassin or conman? Meh, sounds effortful. You know what would be great? Dealing with that laundry. The money and the fame fades eventually, but the laundry? IT JUST KEEPS COMING! Now, get off my lawn."
My wife played a superhero on a Stan Lee show where her character's super power was...cleaning. Which is the power she chose. The idea that she could point at a section of our shower ceiling as much as 10 feet away and simply clean it to perfection with a word really IS her idea of a great super power!

pukunui

Legend
The laundry answer isnt even a very good one. You clean a square foot every six seconds, with you having to be there. How is that easier than throwing a pile in the washing machine? I think the sweater I'm wearing right now would take a minute and a half or so to clean, given each arm needs two castings each, and that's one item...how is that a big time saver?
It cleans up to 1 cubic foot at a time! I’m pretty sure I could get through a whole load of laundry more quickly than my washing machine can. Also ... stains. This spell would help immensely with stains. No more soaking and scrubbing and all that carry-on.

Satyrn

First Post
I'm pretty sure I'd use Spare the Dying to make myself filthy rich and pay someone else to do my laundry.

Although I really like the idea of mending archeological artifacts that someone mentioned earlier. I could get rich doing that, too, and hang out with a bunch of Ultimate History Buffs.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I went for Mage Hand at first, but the folks talking up Prestidigitation in the thread won me over. As cool as it would be to be able to manipulate objects from a distance, the time and money I could save by being able to instantly clean clothes and dishes, and make any food taste however I want is too useful to pass up.

OB1

Jedi Master
Minor Illusion for sure. Whether supplementing TOM with cool visuals or using it to replace a board and miniatures, it would make sessions even better!

Remove ads