Choose One Cantrip You'd Like In Real Life

Choose One Cantrip You'd Like In Real Life

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Minor Illusion for sure. Whether supplementing TOM with cool visuals or using it to replace a board and miniatures, it would make sessions even better!

See now this man is a True D&Der. Give him a choice of superpowers, and he chooses the power most applicable to him playing more D&D!

Mistwell

It cleans up to 1 cubic foot at a time! I’m pretty sure I could get through a whole load of laundry more quickly than my washing machine can. Also ... stains. This spell would help immensely with stains. No more soaking and scrubbing and all that carry-on.

Ah, true, a CUBIC foot. So toss all the laundry in a pile, and cast it on the pile a few times. OK this makes sense.

I wonder...where does the refuse go?

Mistwell

Spare the Dying would be amazing, but I’ve got to vote for Mending. Not only is it convenient in everyday life, but I could monetize it and make a small fortune fixing things (especially archeological stuff).

So convenience, money, and advancing culture.

I am curious about the archeological repair business you consider here. Would it work? I mean OK if you have a complete pottery in one place it's just broken to pieces, I can see using the spell (many times) right there to repair it. But if it's not complete? If portions are particles of dust at that point? Does the spell create new materials to fill in gaps, or just glue together existing pieces?

pukunui

Legend
Ah, true, a CUBIC foot. So toss all the laundry in a pile, and cast it on the pile a few times. OK this makes sense.
You can also do a lot of spot cleaning. Kid got spaghetti in their lap? Prestidigitate! Spilled wine on the carpet? Prestidigitate! Kids been making mud pies outside? Prestidigitate them before they come in so they don’t track mud all over the house!

Prestidigitation is also environmentally friendly! No harsh chemicals, no gray water. Heck, no need for disposable nappies - just prestidigitate those things clean!

I wonder...where does the refuse go?
To the quasi-elemental demiplane of filth!

Satyrn

First Post
I am curious about the archeological repair business you consider here. Would it work? I mean OK if you have a complete pottery in one place it's just broken to pieces, I can see using the spell (many times) right there to repair it. But if it's not complete? If portions are particles of dust at that point? Does the spell create new materials to fill in gaps, or just glue together existing pieces?

I was vaguely pondering that, too, and wondering which cantrip would separate all the seagunk from shipwreck remains.

Remove ads