• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Choose your spells in real life?

mlund

First Post
Yes, I think Lesser Restoration is the most important option on the table.

If I had to pick a suit of cantrips, though, I'd go with Spare the Dying, Minor Illusion, and Mending

Marty Lund

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
How are you guys going to pull off the lesser restoration? If you go public, your life is basically done. If you keep it private, how do you pull it off? It's not the movies - you're not sneaking into terminally ill patient's hospital rooms, unless you eventually want to land in jail. It's not like there is some big list of terminally ill patients you can look up either. So...realistically how are you pulling this off, after the first couple of weeks and the easier cures are done?

Not that it's not worth it - I know a terminally ill child. One cure would be worth anything. But...realistically how would you proceed to use the power every day after a while?

mlund

First Post
How are you guys going to pull off the lesser restoration? If you go public, your life is basically done. If you keep it private, how do you pull it off? It's not the movies - you're not sneaking into terminally ill patient's hospital rooms, unless you eventually want to land in jail. It's not like there is some big list of terminally ill patients you can look up either. So...realistically how are you pulling this off, after the first couple of weeks and the easier cures are done?

Every day there are thousands of people in the United States who routinely visit sick and terminally ill kids and adults in hospitals to pray with them. You really think anyone, in this day in age, is going to publish an article positing that there might be a pattern to how a handful of people out of hundreds or thousands visited in a month mysteriously convalesced because someone random layman prayed with them? Not going to happen. Not a snowball's chance in hell, man.

Now, "Spare the Dying" - that would be a lot harder to hide, but doable. Working as an EMT and using it every time you found somebody might work. It'd be a minor statistical abnormality that a particular paramedic's patients were either already dead when the ambulance arrived or survived. Having nobody arrive DOA probably wouldn't be weird enough to raise any red flags. Even someone that was already examined and written off as a lost cause wouldn't pose that much trouble. What are they going to believe: An overworked ER nurse or doctor missed something and an injury really wasn't as bad as they first feared - or that a major artery or organ just knitted itself back together? Occam's razor is going to get them every time.

Marty Lund

Remove ads