• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Choose your spells in real life?

Just a discussion a friend and I had.
We just limited our choices in 5e so I hope its alright to put it in this thread. Anyway if you'll ever have a choice to magically have in real life, choose one option (A, B or C):

A. 3x Cantrips (can be cast at-will)
B. 2x Level-1 spell (once per day each spell or choose one and cast that spell twice per day)
C. 1x level-2 spell (once per day)

*basic form of the spells only - no casting at a higher spell slot level

What will you pick? and Why?

Last edited:

Cantrips: Guidance, Thaumaturgy, Minor Illusion
1st: Cure Wounds, Disguise Self
2nd: Lesser Restoration

The lesser restoration is the big one. Curing any disease or condition once per day will net insane sums of money, which I could use to do a lot of good through charity. The disguise self hopefully lets you fly below the radar of those who would want to exploit you.

Jaron Mortimer

First Post
Edit: Only one of the three. Certainly taking cantrips

Cantrips
- Spare the Dying - Be the worlds most amazing paramedic.
- Minor Illusion - Entertaining in a million ways.
- Eldritch Blast - Who the hell DOESN'T want to be able to shoot lasers from their hands/eyes/mouth/wherever?

Last edited:

Vymair

First Post
I'm definitely taking the three cantrips - Mage Hand, Mending, Light.

My reasoning is that these are three of the most useful spells in day to day activities. Never having to worry about the dark would be incredible. The ability to grab small objects at a short distance would be very useful. Mending speaks for itself.

Remove ads