• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Chris Perkins announces major Eberron changes for 4e

Mort_Q

First Post
I don't see why they couldn't have come up with something new and interesting. I'm bored of Drow, and all the other rehashed non-core races. Of course I'm also bored of Dragonborn and Teiflings, but that just might be a bad attitude thing. :p

valeren

First Post
[snip] and a figure from Eberron's past that has returned from oblivion to wage war on the high seas [/snip]

i knew there was another reason why i kept asking about how one's going to treat those profession(sailing) skills we had in 3e...

Saitou

First Post
Unrelated, but...
The illustration on the outward face of the four-panel screen depicts a sprawling Underdark cavern full of monsters, including a beholder, an umber hulk, a roper, some drow, a gang of troglodytes, a few bugbears, a fire giant and his hell hounds, a swarm of firebats, a mind flayer, and a big black dragon. Rock on.

Mod edit: Inappropriate content removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Gargazon

First Post
They should just make the Eberron drow the standard drow. Jungle-dwelling Scorpion-worshipping advanced tribespeople is much more fun (and by fun, I mean dangerous to players, and so fun for the DM ;) ) than a bunch of cavern-dwelling spider-worshipping constantly-feuding advanced civilisation.

Hang on, will the Eberron books need alternative Drow stats now? The obligatory web-based powers of the MM1 Drow may need some changing.

Also - Scarrow for MM2?

Cirex

First Post
What's a drizzit?.

I wonder if new Eberron book will come with further explanation of the Last War consecuences on people, not just the borders and countries. I mean, there isn't much information about which cities are in bad or good state or similar, only "This city wasn't attacked that much during the war". I want to know more about the random commoner of Eberron.

And more about Kaius...

Mighty Veil

First Post
Converting to 4e will be easy.

Suddenly in the Mournlands it was discovered that there was a tiefling and dragonborn kingdom and gnomes suddenly changed. Ta-da!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads