Christian Persecution vs Persecuted Christians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadras

Legend
The link reflects why presidents should at least have the minimum schooling requirements....it is not about discrimination as some would like to insinuate. But hey, dumb presidents further the Man's Agenda to rape and pillage a nation's resources, which of course is ok to the Politically Correct, but let us not dare 'discriminate' against the illiterate.

https://www.enca.com/south-africa/watch-zuma-present-number-member-who-have-left-anc

By the way there are many more of these on the web of this high calibre president. Probably the reason why he didn't understand that his security for his "house" cost the nation R245 million (currently over 18 million dollars) and has no intention to pay it back.

Last edited:

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
IIRC, that is how all privileged groups react to a deduction in privilege or supremacy . It's a bonafide psychological thing.

It's funny how privilege theory predicts that any arguments against it from the people it declares privileged are proof that privilege theory is correct.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
My issue was, that the split of India relates to Islamic History.
I know, and it is ridiculus. If Québec, Scotland and Catalonia ever get independence, would that be part of Catholic history since those are majoritarily Catholic?

My issue was that the oppressive laws put into effect to affect non-Muslims as a result of the majority (the lawmakers) being Muslim.
So, using your logic, Apartheid was due to the people in power being Christians?

I did not argue that Turkey was an Islamist government for you to make this statement.
The hyperbole went unnoticed, I see.

Again see my point above. This has nothing to do with the issue being discussed.
It does. I'm pointing out that what you say is part of Islamic History, really is just History.

If you want to make a case that in Islam has been instrumentalized to justify a lot of terrible stuff, sure, I agree with you. Its been used to do bad stuff too. No question about it. But to say everything that happens in countries with Muslims is due to Islam, is a broad and islamophobic generalization.

I'll also disagree with you is you say that the instrumentalization is due to Islam being more prone than other religions or ideologies to violene and other terrible stuff Liberalism, the dominant ideology in the Western world, prones freedom of religion, of thought, of speech, civil rights, etc. It shouldn't be easy to instrumentalization it to justify greed, violence, oppression, etc, right? Yet it was in the name of freedom that Irak was invaded. It is in the name of freedom (to oppress homosexuals) that some people in the US oppose same sex unions. The cultural genocide of Native Americans? It was for their own good. They needed to learn the benefits of civilization. Liberty included!

Instrumentalization just requires people who are willing to make the unacceptable acceptable by being manipulative.

Sadras

Legend
I know, and it is ridiculus. If Québec, Scotland and Catalonia ever get independence, would that be part of Catholic history since those are majoritarily Catholic?

Yes if the division was predominantly over religious grounds. I would easily throw that into Catholic history.

So, using your logic, Apartheid was due to the people in power being Christians?

In South Africa's Apartheid regime, the policies in effect were to the benefit of the whites not the Christians. It was a skin colour issue.

It does. I'm pointing out that what you say is part of Islamic History, really is just History.

I'm not just disputing that it can be called just History or that even there are similarities with non-Islamic nation's history. The dispute was raised that its misleading or disingenuous when I call it Islamic history (there was another word utilised but I forget it now) even when I'm referring to instances where the religion played a major role.

But to say everything that happens in countries with Muslims is due to Islam, is a broad and islamophobic generalization.

Of course I don't think everything derived in Muslim dominated nations is due to Islam, but I'm also not willing to ignore http://www.loc.gov/law/help/apostasy/ and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Malaysia#Political_issues and the other issues I mentioned...etc

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Yes if the division was predominantly over religious grounds. I would easily throw that into Catholic history.
So, basically, since you're pretty much putting all event that happened in the Middle-East under Islamic History, you're saying pretty much everything happens because of Islam.

In South Africa's Apartheid regime, the policies in effect were to the benefit of the whites not the Christians. It was a skin colour issue.
Benefits had nothing to do with what you said.
My issue was that the oppressive laws put into effect to affect non-Muslims as a result of the majority (the lawmakers) being Muslim.
Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...vs-Persecuted-Christians/page34#ixzz3pDeGYuYf
The majority in power in South Africa was Christian, so Apartheid was a results of Christianity. #apartheidchristianhistory

I'm not just disputing that it can be called just History
So why put the extra label only when it comes to Muslims? Why do you find it important to mention Islam above all other religions or ideology or nation?

or that even there are similarities with non-Islamic nation's history.
Its almost as if were all humans! Who would have thought.

The dispute was raised that its misleading or disingenuous when I call it Islamic history (there was another word utilised but I forget it now) even when I'm referring to instances where the religion played a major role.
Nope. The dispute came from you forcing that label on as soon as a Muslim is involved, whether Islam is a motivating actor or not, but not put that label when a Christian is involved. It shows a double standard. It seems to be a will to demonstrate that "Islam is bad, look how it plays a role in all those bad things", whether it did or not.

Of course I don't think everything derived in Muslim dominated nations is due to Islam, but I'm also not willing to ignore http://www.loc.gov/law/help/apostasy/ and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Malaysia#Political_issues and the other issues I mentioned...etc
Why not? You're willing to ignore and excuse islamophobia in Europe.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
I thought this was Christian Persecution vs Persecuted Christians and not History vs Islamic History?

Agreed, just getting very tired of this particular back and forth since no side shows any sign of relenting.

it's what happens when side enjoys repeating themselves over and over again about how bad the other side is, you'll notice the same drum beat will appear in every political thread on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads