• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Christmas elves in dnd?

abe ray

Explorer
I know it’s EXTREMELY early, but how would you fine people create Christmas elves in the various edition styles? Obviously they would need to be adapted for cold environments & have some skill bonuses in toy making skills of all sorts. Other than that I’m completely clueless.

Last edited:

Li Shenron

Legend
You know, when I first read your question, I read it like this:

I know it’s EXTREMELY early, but how would you fine people who create Christmas elves in the various edition styles?

And my first reaction was, a traditional monetary fine for those who dare create Christmas elves (and garden gnomes too) is appropriate, as corporal punishments are so passeé these days.

MarkB

Legend
Christmas elves are gnomes in D&D terms.
That could be fun to play around with in a D&D setting. Maybe Santa's helper-gnomes get really annoyed when people keep referring to them as elves. Or maybe they actually think of and refer to themselves as elves, much to the consternation of any actual elves they run into.

Or you could turn it on its head, and imagine what Santa's factory would be like if it was run by actual D&D elves.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I actually ran an extended version of the classic Orc and a Pie adventure as a christmas special some ten years ago. All the PC’s were gnomes who were servants of the Jolly Red Wizard. They were tasked with retrieving the pie from the orc. Much hilarity ensued...

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
The Tinker Gnomes. That’s it.
I was thinking of something a little more spicy: goblins. Reskin, change alignment, done.
OIP.yN_ds9uSy74WOKCX1zYYYgHaJ2

abe ray

Explorer
Idea:add the ability/spells of permanent haste and create object! it would explain why they can create so many toys in a year.

Remove ads