Chronicles of Terror submissions wanted

Magus Darkholme

First Post
Gish: Thanks ;) . What name do you want for your copyright?

Krishnath: No, no scaring, I've just been busy this weekend. Orcs have been recieved and placed in with the others.

las: Magic: The Gathering? Did you change them at all? Since MTG is copyrighted by Wizards, we can't put any Magic monsters in it unless they are re-named and re-written. Since I'm not too familiar with Magic, are the ones you sent to me changed at all? If not then you've got to change them before they can be put in; don't want to get sued you know :D .

Thanks everyone for the large responce :) . I don't know for sure, but we've got at the very least 30 monster, and hopefully plenty more coming.

Krishnath

First Post
Magus: have you taken a look at the links I listed, if not, please do, as they would increase the number of monsters in the PDF significally. :D

Magus Darkholme

First Post
Krishnath: Yes, I did. I've got most of them, but still have a few remaining. There's already 50+ monsters in the PDF, and that number is growing each day.
Once the project is finished I'll post a link.

And if anyone would like to submit a monster, make sure it's not from Magic or any setting that's copyrighted (like the Forgotten Realms for instance). If you do have a monster that you would like to submit, but it's from Magic or a copyrighted campain setting, just change it up so it wont create any legal problems for all of us :) .

BTW, the Chronicles of Terror Forums are up in case any of you ar interested. Here's a Link: Chronicles of Terror Message Boards

Thanks for the submissions, and keep them monsters coming :D !

Krishnath

First Post
Trying to register at the site, don't have much luck... But I'll keep on trying... :D

Magus: The copyright issue is the exact reason you can't use the Corinthian Horror. Thank hades that the guy who originatly thought up the concept of dream ravens have been dead for roughly a century. :D

Also, when is the last day of contributing?

just thought I'd ask. :D

Magus Darkholme

First Post
Yea, the site seems to have trouble loading from time to time.

The copyright issue is a pain, but what can you do right? I've recieved some very good looking monsters, but they were from Magic, so we couldn't put them in. Now if they want to change them so it wouldn't violate copyright laws if they're placed into the CoT then that would be excellent. But, I've yet to hear from some of those people again, so it doesn't look good. It's a shame too, their monsters were really good :( .

As far as the last day for contributing goes, well it doesn't look like it'll be anytime soon. There is no specific date when everything is due, one of the positives of freelance, so take your time.
Oh yea, and I'm Rothgar :D .

Magus Darkholme

First Post
The Wizards boards aren't that bad. I mainly stick to the FR ones anyways. Ever since I read The Crystal Shard by Salvatore I've loved the Realms. Hell, the Magus is NPC and one o' the major players in my Realms campaigns; he's a Wiz26/Acm5/Sha14 chosen of Shar. He'll probably make an appearance in the CoT, but I'll have to re-write him first.

Gish Makai: Where have you been Gish? I need that copyright from you. Just e-mail it to me or post it here or on our boards ASAP.
The sooner we get it, the sooner your monsters will be in the PDF ;) .

Krishnath

First Post
The realms are fun, my favourite compute RPG actually takes place in waterdeep, or rahter below it, yep, I'm talking about the classic Westwood/TSR joint venture: Eye of the Beholder, although their cooperation crashed during the development of EOB2: The Legend of Darkmoon, causing the last tower to suck, and EOB3 to suck even more, no wonder WotC could by TSR, they couldn't even make a descent Computer RPG by them selves, thank Hades for the WotC/Black Isle computer games, right? Also my favourite NPC dragon is from the realms, she's just so nasty, I'm of course talking about the Sibilant Shade, who is without a doubt the single most powerful dracolich in the realms. But alas, I'm starting to babble, so I better stop :D

Remove ads