Curse of Strahd
Curse of Strahd Tarrokka Deck
Hoard of the Dragon Queen
Rhime of the Frostmaiden

3rd party physical 5e
Creature Codex
Odyssey of the Dragon Lords Player's Guide
Sanctuary of Belches

Probably regret putting the second starter set, Odyssey of the Dragon Lords, and Sanctuary of Belches on my gift lists.

Not much besides the demogorgon that I really like from the second starter set as additions to what I have from my first starter set. The starter sets are great, they just overlap a lot.
The Dragon Lord one since I never got the big adventure it goes with is just eh. Haven't really gone through it since I first got it.
Belches as a humor theme is not really to my taste. I could work with it though if I wanted a short in person game to throw together. I generally like having a physical book if I am running at a table so I put all the Kobold Press short module ones on my amazon gift list for this purpose. Should have known my brother in law would go for the sillier end as a gift idea if it was on the list. :)

phb
mm
mtof
xgte (my favorite 5e book)

volo's
dmg
scag
dm screen
-- I sold or gave away all of those

Stormonu

Legend
PHB, DMG, MM.

I had a few adventure books and splatbooks like Xanathars, but I sold them when I decided I was done DMing 5th ed.

But let me tell you about my AD&D collection...
I literally have a storage unit of 2E (& 3E) material I am trying to purge, replacing it with electronic copies of the stuff worth remembering and keeping only the physical books that I am endeared to. I kept all my 1E modules and the core books from that edition, the rest I have as PDF (Like Manual of the Planes and Wilderness Survival Guide). And still my bookshelves are bending with the weight...

Swedish Chef

Adventurer
Bought:
PHB
DMG
Xanathar's
Volo's
MTOF
MP:MOM
Tasha
Descent to Avernus
Ghosts of Saltmarsh
Fizban
Dungeon of the Mad Mage
DragonLance (this week)

I regret none.

PHB
DMG
Tashas

Fizbans Big Book 'o Dragons
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes

Curse of Strahd
Beadle & Grimm Curse of Strahd
Rime of the Frostmaiden
The Wild Beyond the Witchlight
Candlekeep Mysteries

Var RIchten's Ravenloft
Theros
Spelljammer
Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide
Eberron
S. Peterson's Cthulhu Mythos for 5e

Theros
Rime
Spelljammer
S. Peterson's Cthulhu Mythos

...frankly, I'm not sure they're every going to hit the table, even if I want them to.

tl:dr I'm a sucker for campaign settings.

Weiley31

Legend
My 5E Library is fairly/decently sized.

Official: Starting from Tyranny of Dragon's 2019, been collecting the Alt covers of the books up until fairly recentlyish now. Missed out on the Alt covers to Xanathar, Volo's, and the original Tasha's alt cover. (I'm still mad about the Tasha alt cover since that was STOLEN around the holidays during the start of Covid since NONE of the delivery people wanted to touch anything that was a flat screen. Including the Amazon Hub located in the lobby of my apartment complex.)

Exceptions: Volo's Guide to Monsters, Ghosts of Saltmarsh, Radiant Citadel, Dragon Heist, tomb of Horrors, Tales from the Yawning Portal, Out of The Abyss, Mad Mage, Princes of the Apocalypse, Curse of Strahd, Monster Manual, and DMG are the ones I'm missing. Of that range, I would want to get the first three.

When it comes to 5E 3PP Stand-Outs:
-Animal Adventures: Secrets of Gullet Cover
-Iron Kingdom Requiem
-Various Kobold Press such as Tome of Heroes and what not
-Humblewood
-Exploring Eberron
-Tal'dorei Campaign Setting Reborn
-Adventures in Rokugan
-Blue Rose Adventurer's Guide

Now to end/cap that section off: Adventures in Middle-Earth 5E. Which I got into/started wanting at the time when the license for it went right out the window. THANKFULLY, through some HARD Google/Internet searching, was able to get a number of the books, such as the Player's Guide and Loremaster's Guidebook, for NORMAL retail value. The only ones I had to pay decently well, but not like in the 200 range, were Mirkwood (90), Rivendell (64 IIRC), and Lonely Mountain (98). There's perhaps like, three more books I want, and I'll be good.

My only 5E related regret purchase is The Red Opera: Last days of the Warlock. Had I known what was going to eventually happen, I would've never backed the Kickstarter.

Last edited:

Scribe

Legend
PHB
MM
DMG
Volo's Guide to Monsters
Xanathar's Guide to Everything - Great
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes - Meh?
Fizban's Treasury of Dragons
Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide - For the fixed Tiefling alone. :LOL:
Eberron: Rising from the Last War - Most recent purchase because of this forum's Eberron supporters...
Princes of the Apocalypse
Out of the Abyss
Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden

I think thats it, I dont think I regret anything really, I look at things for a long time before I buy them. :)

I'll probably end up getting Spelljammer (I love the Astral Elves they are actually replacing High Elves for me completely and Plasmoids) and maybe even DL on sale with some house rules to fix the feats.

Shiroiken

Legend
Pretty short for me: PHB, MM, DMG, Saltmarsh. I've bummed info off other's books, but the core books and Saltmarsh were the only ones to appeal to me enough to spend money on it. Saltmarsh was pretty good, but I do regret getting it just because it was partially Greyhawk themed.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
I literally have a storage unit of 2E (& 3E) material I am trying to purge, replacing it with electronic copies of the stuff worth remembering and keeping only the physical books that I am endeared to. I kept all my 1E modules and the core books from that edition, the rest I have as PDF (Like Manual of the Planes and Wilderness Survival Guide). And still my bookshelves are bending with the weight...
Well if you need some place else to store them, I’m happy to use my space. Just ship them on over and they will be used and cared for

Remove ads