Chronicles of Terror submissions wanted

Krishnath

First Post
That might have to do with the ammount of immature kids that frequent the WotC boards, or perhaps it's beacuse all the immature flaming that tends to accumulate over there... Or maybe EnWorld atracts a more mature crowd...

LAter,

Krishnath

First Post
No, there is definetly more people over there than over here, I think it has to do with the WotC site being the place most people visit first when looking for D&D stuff on the net. (They've got some really good articles on their D&D page.) But unfortunatly most of the people who stay there are immature and can not stand that someone has another opinion than themselves. Fortunatly there are a few mature posters on the site, and the WizO's are duing their best to keep the flaming to a minimum. I do have an account on the WotC boards, but allthough I visit the board almost daily, I rarely post there.

cwslyclgh

First Post
do you read my monster of the week threads?

all of them that I have posted so far are going to be put into CoT.

usually I just ignore threads where I think a flame-fest is going to happen, although I have been caught off guard occasionaly, lol... any way I don't think the WotC boards are so bad for the most part.... Heck if wasn't for the WotC baords the Cot probably wouldn't have ever happened ;)

Krishnath

First Post
Of course I do, up to number 26 is see... :D But I must agree, the WotC boards have gotten better... But that won't really cause me to post more over there... :D

Clay_More

First Post
Do the monsters need to have a world-specific decription? I have some good ones lying around, some of which have been posted here, but they have all been made with a specific world in mind. Anyway, good idea though

Krishnath

First Post
I don't reaelly think it matters wheter or not the creatures are world specific or not. I have, just to mention an example, submitted the Mistwood Drake and the Kanite Drakes to the PDF. The mistwood is kinda world specific, as are the Kanite Swamps. But even the FR stuff from the FRCS and the other FR books can easily be adapted to someone elses homebrew campaign. (I have for example 'co-opted' the red wizards, the cult of the dragon and the shades from the forgotten realms™). If nothing else the kanite swamp can be substituted for another large swamp in your campaign, and instead the mistwood one could always use a jungle. It's all about being creative. So it doesn't really matter wether or not the creature belongs to a specific campaign setting or not, as most stuff is easy to adapt to other campaigns.

I suggest you check out our threads over here:

http://www.thereprieve.org/phpBB2/index.php

And if you decide to contribute, let me be the first to say, welcome. :D

Clay_More

First Post
Well, ill send the old fella my monsters as soon as I get on a computer that will acknowledge my A:-Drive (Stupid library comp). Anyway, all the monsters are world specific, designed for my own world. Amongst the monsters I am going to send are two that have already appeared on this forum, the Balmortian Vampires and the Dunai Treefolk. You can always check those for a sneak preview. Anyway, there are a few more in the document that im gonna send (once I get the opportunity). Anyway, clever idea to make this monster pdf manual, I really hope that you can use some of my critters so I can get to see their picture (Im a lousy painter and out of respect for my creations, havent made any paintings of them).

Remove ads