• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chuck

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
DonTadow said:
That's where the story got really stupid for me. All the tools at the gov't disposal and the best course of action is to take a job at Best Buy. Perhaps in future episodes it will be revealed exactly what his power is or what makes him able to see the future.
His power is that he has all the accumulated data from different intelligence agencies in his head. The computer that data was stolen from was supposed to try and find patterns to connect the dots between disparate pieces of data. Apparently Chuck's brain is now connecting the dots using the raw data - possibly better than the computer ever could because of his subconcious ability to make intuitive leaps.

Where this whole thing falls down is that, since the computer was destroyed and is not sending him new data, eventually everything in his head will be outdated and he will become useless unless they upgrade to Chuck 2.0.

takyris

First Post
Ooof. That was bad.

I think I'm getting old or something. The presence of a radiantly beautiful Heather-Graham-style actress is no longer enough to do it for me. There has to be some kind of story or something in there somewhere.

And I really disliked the gratuitous lingerie scenes. I'm as big a fan of women in lingerie as anyone, and more so than most, so if >I< look at that scene and go "Wow, that's some unnecessary pandering," that's not a good thing.

Hope it works out for other people. It holds no hate in my heart. Just not likely to be watching it in the future.

DonTadow

First Post
Thornir Alekeg said:
His power is that he has all the accumulated data from different intelligence agencies in his head. The computer that data was stolen from was supposed to try and find patterns to connect the dots between disparate pieces of data. Apparently Chuck's brain is now connecting the dots using the raw data - possibly better than the computer ever could because of his subconcious ability to make intuitive leaps.

Where this whole thing falls down is that, since the computer was destroyed and is not sending him new data, eventually everything in his head will be outdated and he will become useless unless they upgrade to Chuck 2.0.
I wanted to think it was analyzing but it's such an invisible power and hard to convey to an audience. As a viewer I saw, a terrorist in town, a senator in town, he's staying at a hotel, and chuck gets from that data, this terrorist is going to kill the senator by blowing up the hotel.

Wycen

Explorer
One of my favorite parts of tonight's episode was when his trance state happens and he says "Oceanic Flight 815 was shot down by-".

Fun though predictable episode.

Brogarn

First Post
Canceled it off the DVR. Between the helicopter scene and the tracker technology in the car that looked like something from science fiction, I just can't hang anymore. It's got some quirky funny stuff going on, but I can only suspend so much disbelief.

Arnwyn

First Post
Wycen said:
One of my favorite parts of tonight's episode was when his trance state happens and he says "Oceanic Flight 815 was shot down by-".
Heh, I did have a chuckle over that part (especially considering the shows are on different networks).

I've fully realized that it's just meant to be a ridiculous spy comedy, so I have no problems fully suspending my disbelief for the entire show.

Fast Learner

First Post
Brogarn said:
Canceled it off the DVR. Between the helicopter scene and the tracker technology in the car that looked like something from science fiction, I just can't hang anymore. It's got some quirky funny stuff going on, but I can only suspend so much disbelief.
It is science fiction. The whole premise is science fiction.

Or, for the purists, science fantasy. Either way, with humor, action, and lots of hot camera angles on the woman, I find it plenty entertaining. Science accuracy doesn't even come into play for me.

Brogarn

First Post
I know it's science fiction, but the look of the technology in the car went above and beyond the realm of the show, imo. But really, it was the helicopter scene that killed the show for me.

TracerBullet42

First Post
Brogarn said:
I know it's science fiction, but the look of the technology in the car went above and beyond the realm of the show, imo. But really, it was the helicopter scene that killed the show for me.
EDIT: I could stand to be more polite...

Last edited:

Remove ads