• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City of Heroes/City of Villains - Who's still playing?

Ghostwind

First Post
Alright. I admit it. I am firmly addicted. Been playing City of Heroes and City of Villains since February and love it the more I play (although I am finding City of Villains to be more fun). So if you're still playing, which server are you on and what characters?

Currently, I have three all on Liberty server:
- Shi'Kahr Darkstarr: Science Blaster (level 12 currently) [CoH]
- Theira Sehlan: Technology Corruptor (level 12 currently) [CoV]
- Keldorn Stormbringer: Magic Tanker (level 3 currently) [CoH]

Last edited:

mrtauntaun

First Post
I actually just started last night, a friend gave me a free trial, and I think it's great. Im on the Guardian server with just one char, The Aedile.

WanderingMonster

First Post
While I am not currently playing (limiting to 1 MMO at a time), I did for the last 2 years. I was lucky to hook up with Global Heroics on Triumph server for the better part of that time. It's a country-themed SG where the uniform is your country's flag colors. All heroes are Mr/Miss <Country>. It is simply the BEST supergroup out there. I still frequent the forums (forum name "Sal"). If you guys are just starting, check them out. You won't be sorry.

BluJay

Explorer
I just re-activated my account this past week after news of the PvP being added to DDO. I play primarily on the Pinnacle server but I've been invading Freedom lately because of the high population.

Chilling Temper [L50 Ice/Nrg Blaster]
Absolut Candela [L41 Peacebringer]
Caustic Temper [L16 Fire/Nrg Brute]

Also, a couple neat links since you two are a bit low level.

http://www.citygametracker.com - Character tracking website with add-on program
http://www.cityinfoterminal.com - Badge Tracking website

Marius Delphus

Adventurer
I play quite often and most nights I'm on any one of my five servers: Guardian, Victory (where my re-imagined D&D characters are), Virtue, Protector, Champion. Been playing since last May and not planning on stopping any time soon. :heh:

Currently my tanker (fighter) on Victory is nearing 50th; the rest there are between 15th and 21st. In fact if someday you happen to see Marius Delphus on Victory, that's my other tanker (cleric) on that server. On the other four servers my characters vary between 2nd (just out of tutorial; built a costume then parked, basically) and 26th. Not gonna list all of my (mixed heroes/villains) characters. :confused:

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I played a lot of COH last summer and got my main, a Tank, to L38 on Champion before the sheer mind numbing boredom of grinding out levels, along with the I5 Tanker nerfs, killed it for me. Everyone told me that at L40 a ton of new content opened up, but I couldn't grind out those last couple levels since I was out of new missions basically.

I picked up CoV a few months ago and started that, but after a month I got tired of it. Same game but with "Bad" guys. Plus CoV ran really crappy compared to CoH, even with Bloom & the other new graphic options off. Crappy coding IMO.

I guess the gameplay in CoX is just too limited to hold my attention long term. It's cool for a bit though. I used to really love just flying around town in COH, even though flying at max speed was only slightly faster than crawling. ;)

So now I am playing World of Warcraft and having a blast. I may check out CoX if they ever expand the gameplay options a bit.

gray stranger

First Post
I'm planning on buying WoW or city of villains on the 1st of june (I finish my final exam on that day and have 3 months vacation)

But I want a long term game, and I guess WoW's more suited to that, due to the class/race combo and the possibility of grinding and Alterac valleying at lvl 60

The general comic theme of City of villains is what I like the most about the game, I also really enjoyed Freedom Force, just because of the superhero madness going on in that game :D

I Guess I'll end up with picking up both and paying for WoW monthly, maybe switching between the 2 if I get bored

EDIT: when I posted and reread it I saw I went completely off-topic, sorry for that :uhoh:

Laslo Tremaine

Explorer
I played CoH to from mid-beta, until the beta (and release) of CoV.

I love the game conceptually, but past level 25 it gets to be a major grind. I cancelled my subscription not long after CoV released.

KenM

Banned
Banned
Last summer I tryed a COH free trial from PC Gamer magazine. I was very impressed with number of options you had for how to make your character look.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads