City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craw Hammerfist

First Post
Killian Gracie

Into the Red Dragon Inn steps a man. He pauses to let his eyes adjust to the light. After a moment, he removes a morningstar from his belt and places it in the weapon rack. He strides to the bar and takes in the sign as he approaches.

Signalling to the barkeep he asks: "Might you be Joe?"

Joe nods the affirmative and the man continues: "Red wine, if you please. And now to follow custom. . ."

Turning toward the other patrons in the bar, the man announces "Good day gentlefolk! I am Killian Gracie of the White Pillar. I settle disputes and bring peace. Peace be upon you."

With that, he turns to his wine and drinks.

"So, Joe. Orussus is a big city. I hear tell that this is the place to meet interesting people not satisfied with a mundane life. I'd like to meet such people if you could direct me."

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan drains his drink and stands.

"Well, I'm out of here. Anyone interested in coming with us to look for trouble is welcome to join. Meet us in back by the stables."

At that, the clean-shaven barbarian heads out the door.

Craw Hammerfist

First Post
Finishing his wine, Killian stands and hooks a thumb at the departing barbarian. "Now THAT sounds like fertile ground for settling disputes. That guy looked like a walking dispute creator. I cannot ignore such a blatant sign from Sela." With that, he gathers his pack and his weapons and heads for the stables.

Sravoff

First Post
*Pat pat* A number of muffled smacking noises drift inside the inn's half open door. A couple of muffled curses later and a dwarf pushes open the door to the inn, and walks in. A hood covers his head, and his face is mostly lost in shadow. A thick black beard hangs down almost to his waist. His black robes are slightly freyed, and many miles of dust seem to have been brushed off in the recent past. He walks into the common room, and seeing the weapons rack, quickly turns back and leans his walking stick against the wall. He unslings a crossbow as well, and leaves that next to his walking stick.

He gathers up a satchel slung over his right shoulder, and makes his way to the front of the bar. He climbs up onto a stool, and signals the barkeep. "You'd be Joe huh?" Following Joe's affirment, the Dwarf carries on. "My name's Barik. Barik Raheim. How do the days treat you?" Barik orders a glass of ale, and turns around on his stool. "Hello to you all. I'm Barik Rahiem from the foot of Yurgind. Ale to your health." Barik downs his ale and turns back to Joe. "I'm getting near the end of my retirement, and I'm looking for work..."

Richard Rawen

First Post
Richard is hurrying down the stairs as the door is closing behind Killian. "Thanks for the hospitality Joe, and the travel rations!" The young fighter pats an ominously full bag with a fond smile, hustles to the weapon rack, collects sword and shield, and heads out the door.

Moments pass, and the door bursts back open and Richard practically jangles as his heavily armed and armored form runs to the bar. He skids to a halt, rummages at his belt, drops some heavy gold coins in front of Joe and turns to run out the wide open door, calling over his shoulder, "And thanks for the deal on the horse!"

Dungannon

First Post
The door opens and a young man strides in, accompanied by a gnome. The pair approach the bar and have a few words with the bartender. "Afternoon Joe. I'm here to retrieve that item I left with you, if you please."

Salix

First Post
The gnome speaks up, "Joe, Ryland here, any chance of getting a shot of whiskey"
After getting the drink he slugs it down.

El Jefe

First Post
When the young man made his request, Joe simply pointed to the sign that said something about stating one's name before making requests of others.

The gnome, on the other hand, was quickly served with a shot of whiskey. It all seemed so unfair to the young man, but just for a moment.

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin sighs and turns to the patrons. "My name is Devlin Magruder and I'm an investigator. Look me or my partner up if you need assistance of an investigatory nature." He turns back to the bar. "Now about that object, Joe."

Sravoff

First Post
Barik watched Richard hurry past, then dart back in and finally leave again. He watched the other patrons over the brim of his ale mug, and sat up as the man and his gnomish friend entered. He listened to their introductions, and noted their professions.

OOC: Where is the usual recruiting for adventures? Are they normally just in this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads