City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Jefe

First Post
Dungannon said:
"Now about that object, Joe."
Joe grinned, grabbed one of his "boys" by the shoulder, and muttered something into his ear. Joe went off to attend to something or other, while the young man opened a trapdoor behind the bar and climbed down a ladder. He emerged a few minutes later carrying a heavy round object the size of a small melon covered in cloth, which he presented to Devlin after closing the trapdoor behind him. "Joe said y' be wanting this", he said as he eased the weighty sphere over the bar.

El Jefe

First Post
Sravoff said:
OOC: Where is the usual recruiting for adventures? Are they normally just in this forum?
OoC: This is the place. Right here. Adventures begin in the Red Dragon Inn. All adventurers, gather here. Tired of life? Bored? Go to the Red Dragon. Etc.

Manzanita

First Post
A stunningly beautiful human woman steps out of a door in the back and walks up to Joe at the bar. She wears a simple grey woolen cloak over a pink tunic. A rapier hangs from her belt, and a cute little white owl perches on her shoulder. She leans forward on the counter, pulling back her strawberry blond hair with one pale hand, and motions Joe to come closer.

Joe approaches and they have a whispered conversation. After a minute, she smiles, and leans forward more, planting a little kiss on Joe's cheek with her full red lips. Joe blushes as she leaves, returning to the room from whence she emerged.

As she goes, she waves to anyone else in the inn. "Hi!" she says pertly. "I'm Percy. Just checking in!"

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin thanks the man, picks up the bundle, and nods to Joe. Turning to his companion he quips "Now, back to our rendevouz," as they head toward the door.

Craw Hammerfist

First Post
A young woman walks into the Red Dragon carrying a small pack. Elfin in stature, closer inspection reveals that she is a human, albeit a very small one. She walks to the bar and hesitantly looks around. "Hello. I am Cindria Thalonin, the mage." She turns to the bar "Watered wine please."

A few minutes of quite contemplation pass while she drinks her wine and surveys the crowd. Finally, she approaches the black bearded dwarf and addresses him in a quiet voice that fits her slender frame. "Excuse me, but I overheard someone mention coming out of retirement just as I was about to walk in the door. You look like you match the voice of that speaker. Might I inquire what you are coming out of retirement to pursue? I am ready to strike out on my own and it seems wise to associate with veterans who have experience in worldly matters, as I have little such experience myself.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Ah, this place is as lively as ever!" an attractive red-haired woman comments graciously as she enters the inn, wearing a sturdy explorer's outfit with a prominently-displayed holy symbol of Ulura, "Greetings one and all!" she offers a bit smile, "I don't see any of my usual friends here, so I guess I'm introducing myself to everyone--that's great! The more new friends the merrier, I always say. My name is Aletheia. Aletheia Evangeline. Pleased to meet you all!"

Craw Hammerfist

First Post
Cindria looks up and mutters under her breath Thank the gods, a woman. She'll know how to speak at least.

Cindria takes her leave of the reticent dwarf and approaches Aletheia. "Hello, I am Cindria. I don't mean to intrude, but it has been awfully quiet around here and a girl need to talk every now and then. You mentioned you had been here before? What brings you back?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Ah, hello there Cindria. I come back for probably the same reason as many people here--I am here on the path to achieving my dreams. Except, in the service of the goddess, I am also here to help others who are on their own paths to reach their dreams."

"Tell me, Cindria, what is it that you dream about that leads you to a life of adventure?"
Aletheia asks, excited to hear the other woman's thoughts.

Craw Hammerfist

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"Tell me, Cindria, what is it that you dream about that leads you to a life of adventure?"

"A life of my own. A grew up an orphan and had to scroung and beg for much of my childhood. I have discovered that with magic, I can make my own way and provide for myself. At least, that is the hope. It seems that for great gain one must take risks, so I am here."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Yes, it is true. To gain great things, you must be willing to do whatever it takes, to do anything to see your dream realised. But let me tell you something, Cindria. When you pursue arcane power at all costs and achieve it, your dream will be worth the path that led to it. With arcane mastery at your fingertips, you will be in control of your own destiny, and you will be able to make whatever life you desire for yourself. You could even choose to help others like you or those you love to live such a life as well, but the choice will be yours to make, not cruel Fate's, as when she took your parents from you."

"If you seize the power that is your due for your diligence and hard work, then I know that you can achieve your dreams!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads