• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

LogicsFate

First Post
Valan grins at the lady No luck?

No manner of luck at all he anwsers his own question and stands. Kermis perhaps we should move this somewhere more appropriate. Like here Valan twists and sits in the closest chair. He looks down at his card, as if it might have changed in the move.

Swamptreader

First Post
The rather, okay, very, peculiar elf suddenly points at his chest and mouths the unmistakable word, "Me?" complete with the requisite raising of the eyebrows and jutting of the lower lip. The fact that he was offered to join the game several minutes before seems to have no bearing on his current reaction.

He hops down from his stool at the counter, far down, almost to the floor, then stands, licks the palm of one hand and slicks back one side of his head, below the temple. The gecko still perched above glances at the gesture, probably nervously--but it's hard to tell with a gecko--but remains passive. The hair the elf slicked back instantly springs outward again like a stubborn weed.

Walking in his usual unsteady saunter, he strides to the table recently employed for the game. Once arrived, he says in a voice completely unlike his earlier voice, a deep, steady, almost commanding voice, "So, ye wish t'play a game of colored papers, eh? Aye, 'tis a good game, arrr." He narrows an eye then swings one of the open chairs about and drops down. In still another voice he suggests, "Deal 'em quick, deal 'em good and deal me in!" and follows that up by daintily rummaging through one of his belt pouches, quickly producing a dried leaf, a bit of eggshell, and finally a copper coin which he raises as high as he can over the center of the table, and releases, allowing it to bounce, then spin, then settle somewhere near the edge.

He sits still, finally; a very still sort of still. A stillness reserved for statues. Even his eyes cease moving, and blinking. The plaintive call of a nightowl wouldn't be out of place right about now.

(OOC: I'll try not to slow things down too much, if I'm absent too long in your estimation, just deal me out until I'm no longer catatonic.)

I draw the...[sblock]4 of spades! That's good, right? ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

LogicsFate

First Post
Swamptreader said:
(OOC: I'll try not to slow things down too much, if I'm absent too long in your estimation, just deal me out until I'm no longer catatonic.)ty

A gold coin is the bet
Holding up his gold for example But since it's your first draw we'll let it slide. Handing his coin to Kermis ya win, again.

OoC:[sblock] We'll just continue on and assume you are looking for the coins... or doing something else weird ;) [/sblock]

Swamptreader

First Post
Aazwen blinks then smiles at Kermis. "Why, my fine large companion at the table, I don't believe I speak funny at all. Is there some fizwin you are nobtwizzling about?"

He turns to the other companion at the table and replies in a distinctly different voice than that used with Kermis, much like the salty one used earlier, "Aye, a gold coin you say? Arrrr...let me see if'n I hap'n'ta have one o'them, ey, arrr..." Making good on his word, he once again addresses his belt pouch.

"Hey! You in there, you got any go-wald kerns?" He peers inside and jingles the little leather pouch as he does. An ear tilts toward the resulting sound and his visage becomes quite devilish as he whispers, "Shhhh...I hear it in there..." He jabs two fingers into the pouch and produces a gold coin which seems to struggle with him. Many grunting sounds like those one usually hears in a brawl are made before the elf finally overcomes the gold coin's reluctance to be wagered.

"Ha! I win, so there." Petulantly, he sticks his tongue out at the coin which now sits defeated in the middle of the table.

Wobbling his head a little in gloating triumph, he suggests, "Would you be so kind, my dear fellow, and produce for me a card of magnificent hue and artistic merit?"

The ever so lucky Aazwen draws...[sblock](1d13=7, 1d4=4) 7 of diamonds! Beat that! Muahaha![/sblock]

corcio

First Post
the barbarian just has a confused look upon his face. trying to contemplate deeply everything the elf just said. then his eyes seem to lose focus. and he grabs his stomach and say "uggg kermis hungry." and starts waving at the bar wenches. "KERMIS HUNGRY." completely forgetting to draw a card

corcio

First Post
Drawing the jack of clubs, kermis looks at the picture on it. "CARD LOOK LIKE VALAN"holding up the card for all to see. There may be a tiny minute similarity in the fact that the card is also a male nothing further. "hmm kermis win again." smiling at the fortune he takes the gold coins. but seems to be getting distracted by the elf newcomer and seems more intent on him than anything else.

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=724484

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads