• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

corcio

First Post
"KERMIS COME FROM ROCK. BIG ROCK" The barbarian enthusiastically points in a direction behind him most likely towards some far off mountain range. "KERMIS STRONG WARRIOR FROM TRIBE. CHIEF TELL KERMIS GO DOWN ROCK. BRING BACK HEAD OF MONSTER. MONSTER EAT KISSY WOMEN. WHEN KERMIS COME BACK. THEN KERMIS BE CHIEF OF TRIBE." kermis explains his situation in dramatic arm waving motions. sweeping several mugs off a barmaids tray in the process, and making scary faces when he speaks of the monster. "KERMIS WALK LONG WAYS. BUT NO FIND MONSTER. SO KERMIS COME HERE. MAYBE JOE FRIENDS KNOW WHERE MONSTER HIDE. WHEN KERMIS FIND MONSTER.... KERMIS SMASH." concluding his tale the barbarian slams his fist down on the table drawing several nervous stares and spilling a few more drinks. puffing himself up and punching his chest a few times. kermis grunts in approval of his own disruptive strength and power. "WHERE VALAN COME FROM?" he then asks

ooc - i love my barbarian. ill have to use him in a real game one day. and i finally found myself a backstory...woo hoo

Swamptreader

First Post
The elf appears pleased, or possibly nauseous, at Kermis' rewarding applause. "Thaaaaank you, good Sir Kermis! I BE FRIEND NOW! SMASH STUFF ME AND YOU!" He makes to slam his clenched fist into the table as Kermis had, only to somehow, some...way, miss the table entirely, momentum carrying him entirely off the chair and onto the floor.

While mostly under the table he says in a squeaky semblance of Kermis' gruff voice, "Smash, me and you, ack!"

He rises a moment later and sits in his seat, face forward this time. He regards Valan and nods, apparently acknowledging a respite from losing his gold coins. A wee bit out of order with the actual proceedings.

As he sits, amazingly quiet, his gecko passenger reappears upon his head. It is a true marvel that, what with all the histrionics and impromptu gymnastics the elf has performed, that it has somehow remained not only present, but unflattened. As before, Aazwen appears to either have no inkling of its movements or doesn't care.

In the voice of a middle-aged human woman, the sort that gossips a lot (is there any other kind?), he remarks to Kermis, "Kermie, Kermie, Ker-mie! We'll get to that!" He turns to Valan and winks.

Now he begins to chat with Valan in the same singsong voice, "Soooo, Mildred tells me...you know Mildred, she's always going on, yap yap yap, like a little dog, you know? Well, anyway she told me that there was some man, an old man, you know? With a long white beard and the whole thing, and he turned her son into a frog. Not just a frog, you know, a frog, know what I mean, eh, hmm?" A strangely wicked grin grows on his face as he winks conspiratorially. Of course, you have no idea what he...she...whatever, means.

Last edited:

corcio

First Post
kermis glances nervously back and forth between valan and the elf. not quite sure if he is supposed to answer the elf somehow or if to respond at all. and sits there scratching his head with his axe.

ooc - any dms out there need a lovable barbarian. a smug fighter and a crazy elf...something

Boddynock

First Post
The door of the inn opens again and the tall, rangy monk who left earlier steps inside.

Nodding to Joe, he announces to the room at large, "Benedicite! I am Eusebius, monk and priest."

Moving straight to Juliana's table, he sits and leans forward to say softly, "Juliana, I have need of your services. Come join me in a back room, where we may speak privately."

Standing, he goes to the bar and arranges the use of a private meeting room with Joe. Then, when Juliana joins him, he leads her out the back. Closing the door behind him, he takes a seat and explains the situation.

[sblock=Juliana]"Juliana, the high priest of Hyrag has charged me to undertake a mission for the church. I am to gather a small band of trustworthy companions and travel to Beth Hannon in search of a servant of the Shining One who has disappeared near there."

"I know you to be both reliable and a formidable ally. Would you join me in this quest? I have been given two thousand in gold and gems to pay our way for a month. I suggest that these funds be shared equally between all members of our company - whoever they might be. I had thought to find Boog again, and ask him if he would care to join us."

"I suppose it would be too much to hope that we could find Rowan and his brother before they travel too far. Still, we may be able to find some other trustworthy companions. What say you? Two thousand split, say, five ways, would be four hundred apiece. And then there's bound to be other bounty along the way!"[/sblock]

corcio

First Post
Kermis gives a friendly wave to the monk as he passes. thinking he came back to join the game asks"YOU CHANGE MIND? WANT PLAY NOW TOO?"
However, the monk appears in a hurry and trots off into private room.

Last edited:

Animus

Explorer
Garrit Kelspire, Paladin 2 of Hyrag

The half-orc approaches Valan's table. "Garrit Kelspire at your service," he says. "May I take a seat?"

corcio

First Post
eyeing the half orc curiously kermis cant help but wonder why anyone would want to take away one of the stools from the inn. they seem to belong here. but not wanting to seem aggressive to the newcomer says "TAKE SEAT FRIEND. GOOD STOOL" and points to a stool at the table, nodding in approval. Then seriously considers the benefits of taking a stool for himself when he departs.

Animus

Explorer
Garrit Kelspire, Paladin 2 of Hyrag

The half-orc sits down. "I'm not interested in playing the game, but company is nice whenever you get the chance to have it," he says. "Continue playing, please. I'm curious as to how this will play out."

LogicsFate

First Post
Boddynock said:
"Benedicite! I am Eusebius, monk and priest."

"Juliana, I have need of your services. Come join me in a back room, where we may speak privately."

Valan opens his mouth to start on his welcome speal when it becomes appearant it won't be needed. Wel... ... Juliana? Juliana! Valan turns to the lady I see you have buisness to attend but perhaps we can speak later. Valan grins and winks.

Animus said:
"I'm not interested in playing the game, but company is nice whenever you get the chance to have it," he says. "Continue playing, please. I'm curious as to how this will play out."

Welcome Garrit! To the most entertaining table in all of Orussus! Valan gives a sort of bow. As I'm sure you've figured out pointing to himself Valan pointing to the barbarian Kermis and pointing to the elf Elf. We we're just putting our game on hold for a moment. A moment to be filled with Food A waitress with excellent timing starts to place food on the table. Drinks, could we have some more drinks ma'am, and tales!
Smiling at the newcomer And which tale ended you here?

corcio

First Post
Kermis grabs a nice chunk off the meat platter and begins to eat it incredibly fast, and most surprising of all not messily, just really really fast. "FOOD GOOD." he remarks
"HI" he waves to the half orc.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads