• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
Boddynock said:
The door of the inn opens again and the tall, rangy monk who left earlier steps inside.

Nodding to Joe, he announces to the room at large, "Benedicite! I am Eusebius, monk and priest."

Moving straight to Juliana's table, he sits and leans forward to say softly, "Juliana, I have need of your services. Come join me in a back room, where we may speak privately."

Standing, he goes to the bar and arranges the use of a private meeting room with Joe. Then, when Juliana joins him, he leads her out the back. Closing the door behind him, he takes a seat and explains the situation.

[sblock=Juliana]"Juliana, the high priest of Hyrag has charged me to undertake a mission for the church. I am to gather a small band of trustworthy companions and travel to Beth Hannon in search of a servant of the Shining One who has disappeared near there."

"I know you to be both reliable and a formidable ally. Would you join me in this quest? I have been given two thousand in gold and gems to pay our way for a month. I suggest that these funds be shared equally between all members of our company - whoever they might be. I had thought to find Boog again, and ask him if he would care to join us."

"I suppose it would be too much to hope that we could find Rowan and his brother before they travel too far. Still, we may be able to find some other trustworthy companions. What say you? Two thousand split, say, five ways, would be four hundred apiece. And then there's bound to be other bounty along the way!"[/sblock]
Juliana nods and joins him in the back.

[sblock=Eusebius]"Well, I was hoping for a more profitable venture, but I'm sure I can be a little more lenient to help a friend," she says, with a rare smile.

"Boog choose to stay in that accursed Rivensblight. If you insist, we can go and find him, but I have no love of the place. Rowan," she pauses for a moment before she sighs, "I guess he's gone off to whever he and his brother go. If we don't run into him on the jorurny, we probably have little hope of finding him." [/sblock]

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
Bront said:
Juliana nods and joins him in the back.

[sblock=Eusebius]"Well, I was hoping for a more profitable venture, but I'm sure I can be a little more lenient to help a friend," she says, with a rare smile.

"Boog choose to stay in that accursed Rivensblight. If you insist, we can go and find him, but I have no love of the place. Rowan," she pauses for a moment before she sighs, "I guess he's gone off to whever he and his brother go. If we don't run into him on the jorurny, we probably have little hope of finding him." [/sblock]
[sblock=Juliana]"Then let us make ready and leave as soon as we can."

Eusebius heads towards the door, then pauses, turns back and smiles at the warrior woman. "Thank you. I am glad to have you by my side."[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Eusebius]"You make your intentions clear, and I appreciate that. It will be good to ride again. Business has been slow."[/sblock]

corcio

First Post
After helping himself to quite a large amount of food. Kermis sits back and rubs his stomach. Grunting in satisfaction at the tasty food. "KERMIS FULL NOW." looking around for some after dinner entertainment. finding none kermis looks to the various people at the table. "YOU SEE MONSTER KERMIS HUNT? IT BIG BAD...MANY TEETH!" he makes gnashing motions with his mouth and hands. "IT KILL MANY IN TRIBE, EVEN BIG CHIEFS KISSY WOMAN. THAT WHY KERMIS HUNT. WHAT YOU HUNT?" the barbarian asks the others.

Swamptreader

First Post
With complete aplomb, Aazwen takes Valan's complete dismissal of his remarks about Mildred and her frog-son in stride.

When the paladin approaches and asks to sit, the elf stands and offers his chair, then apparently changes his mind and reseats himself before Garrit can respond. Leaning in toward Kermis he says in a voice like that of an aged grandmother, "Hehe...isn't he the gentleman? Offering his seat to me, and all. I have a granddaughter named Katrine that would be perfect for him."

He then straightens in his seat, clasps his hands before him and smiles a dopey smile at nothing in particular. Today's attending gecko simply realigns his grip on some of the elf's more rigid strands of hair and licks one eyeball for emphasis, then mirrors his host's empty stare, albeit without the dopey grin.

Animus

Explorer
Garrit Kelspire, Paladin 2 of Hyrag

corcio said:
Kermis grabs a nice chunk off the meat platter and begins to eat it incredibly fast, and most surprising of all not messily, just really really fast. "FOOD GOOD." he remarks
"HI" he waves to the half orc.

"Hello Kermis, and Valan," he responds.

When Brother Eusebis enters and greets the crowd, Garrit replies "Benedictite to you, my brother!" and then continues observing the card game.

corcio

First Post
Scratching his head, wondering how someone actually hunts the feeling of Happyness.
Kermis shrugs and says "KERMIS HELP VALAN HUNT HAPPYNESS." in a serious tone. and nodding enthusiastically.

LogicsFate

First Post
ALLRIGHT! Valan says suddenly, Lets get this game back up. He shuffles with a brillent display, and grinning wide, slams the deck in the middle of his table, next to his gold.

Valan draws a card, but doesn't reveal it till he's sure the others wish to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads