City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patlin

Explorer
"Hulgyr just got back from a mission of mercy saving a small village from invasion and a corrupting disease. In doing so, he fought against demons, undead, evil priests, and those driven mad by the illness. How do you justify judging him by his race rather than his actions?"

ethandrul

First Post
You can't trust an orc- except to be sure they are untrustworthy. Have you even seen a nation ruled by orcs? NO because they can't figure out how to start one. How can you trust a beast that would kill it's own parents to gain power, or wealth?They are nasty beasts that deserve contempt. would you give the same open minded drivvel to a bodak?How about a black dragon? If you heard a tale of a gold dragon killing the innocent, would you take it at face value? NO because a beast cannot change it's skin...unless it's a shapeshifter.

Bison

First Post
Patlin said:
"Hulgyr just got back from a mission of mercy saving a small village from invasion and a corrupting disease. In doing so, he fought against demons, undead, evil priests, and those driven mad by the illness. How do you justify judging him by his race rather than his actions?"

If you heard a story of a bear that dragged a child from a river to keep it from drowning, would you then let it protect your own children

Patlin

Explorer
"Any thinking creature can change its nature. Is not an angel a creature of pure good? Is any creature more monolithic in that respect than a celestial? Do not forget, the first devils were all fallen angels. An orc is not a bear to be so blindly obedient to its nature, it is a thinking creature. An orc following a good path has enough of an obstacle without having to deal with racisim. Racism is laziness of though, a refusal to accept that life is more complicated than a short summary of creatures by type. I know a good man when I see one, and Hulgyr is one such, for those with open eyes."

Velmont

First Post
"Judging a creature by his appearance is a normal way of defence." tells a woman who has been silent for a long time at a table nearby. She has a book open in front of her. "I would be the first to not trust an orc on first sight. But after the first impression, you need to see over the appearance. But only the wise can see throught it. It is easy to kill a creature you are scared of, it is another thing to try to understand it." The woman stands up. She is small and could almost be seen as a young girl if it was that her facial traits was showing some sign of someone who had lived much things in her life. "My name is Opale di Senzio. Please to meet you Ironwolf, isn't it? You have not chosen the smallest bard for your friend. You have chosen a Monemvassian knight."

Bison

First Post
Droggle listens to your speach but shakes his head.

There is a difference between man and beast, and a differnece between motives and actions. Even the most foul demon from the darkest depths of hell might undertake actions to benefit the most righeous man. Evil does not oppose only good, sometimes it opposes other evil as well.

You may trust this orc if you wish, that is your right, but I haven never met a dwarf, even one whos beard reaches his toes, who had ever met an orc who he considered more than a beast.

(( Ooc, ah racism, not only a fun means to roleplay, but good for a +1 attack bonus as well !!!))

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
"A pleasure to meet you, Opale." Ironwolf replies. "A Monemvasian Knight, you say, as well as a Bard. Surely there is a story behind that...."

ethandrul

First Post
I wouldn't think of Celestials as good- Really as more of an over-bearing self-righteous bastions of their own self inflated importance. The speak of mercy towards the weak- when all that does a allow the weak to grow dependant on them. The weak need to be protected of course, but they need a firm hand to guide them so they can grow stronger and become self sufficient. Ambition creates strength- Celestials are not know to look favorably on ambition. Those who fell were perhaps...of a different view, though since I wasn't there- I cannot argue for or against one side. But I consider myself to be motivated to succeed.
And, I consider myself good

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan listens to the exchange for a few rounds before piping in. "In all my travels I have but once come across a song about a praiseworthy orc. I learned this one in Astoni." He then begins to sing The Gentle Orc, an ironic ditty about a renegade orc who used to secretly perform all manner of kindness for humans, ranging from rescuing a child from a well, to offering food to the hungry. For this he was an outcast, his tribe treating any of their people who didn't kill, rape or maim at every opportunity much as the humans would treat one of theirs who did.

...The Great Chief called the orcs in
And this is what he said
`The traitor Grenthak must be caught
To arms! Tis time to raid.'...​

(Perform check: 28)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads