City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velmont

First Post
"Asked him. He is the bard." answers Opale to Ironwolf, indicating Nurlan. She listen to Hasin "Good and Evil. Black and White. This world is a rainbow. Open your else honey before you get killed."

She then hear Nurlan's song. "Rinaldo was right about your skills I see."

Bison

First Post
orsal said:
Nurlan listens to the exchange for a few rounds before piping in. "In all my travels I have but once come across a song about a praiseworthy orc. I learned this one in Astoni." He then begins to sing The Gentle Orc, an ironic ditty about a renegade orc who used to secretly perform all manner of kindness for humans, ranging from rescuing a child from a well, to offering food to the hungry. For this he was an outcast, his tribe treating any of their people who didn't kill, rape or maim at every opportunity much as the humans would treat one of theirs who did.

...The Great Chief called the orcs in
And this is what he said
`The traitor Grenthak must be caught
To arms! Tis time to raid.'...​

(Perform check: 28)

Now the tribe of orcs that beast comes from reminds me of the orcs I know. bloodthirsty savages the lot of 'em.

Droggle looks around again.

Though it seems most in this bar think the green skins are worth keeping around. If they could be tamed, perhaps they could be put to good use. No doubt the beasts are strong as an ox. But in my experience they would have a hard time indeed adjusting to a well ordered society.

orsal

LEW Judge
Velmont said:
"My name is Opale di Senzio. Please to meet you Ironwolf, isn't it? You have not chosen the smallest bard for your friend. You have chosen a Monemvassian knight."

Nurlan is at first surprised at his story being known, as this is his first appearance in Orussus since being knighted. Then it clicks. "Di Senzio, of course. I do believe I heard Rinaldo mention you -- his cousin, are you not? How is he doing? I gather his business is booming, although I have not seen him since the events that got us our knighthoods."

ethandrul

First Post
I have heard of them being chained together to work in mines and factories- though they aften kill each other still. I will give them this- they have spirit.

ooc- I don't want any of this to get too out of hand- right now it's all fun role play (after all, why do dwarves get +1 against orcs?)

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf scowls at the continued insults, wondering if it will be enough to cause Hulgyr to lose his temper.

ooc: I understand your position, and I make no complaint about how you choose to roleplay your character, but training to fight Orcs and refusing to accept that an individual Orc might be an OK guy are two seperate things. Not that they can't be found together, of course, but whether or not you want to play a Dwarf as antagonistic towards Orcs as a race is up to the player.

Velmont

First Post
"Rinaldo is still adventuring with Ashnar, Tenebrynn and Hogarth. I don't know where he is, last time I've heard of him, it is when I was in the Astral plane and I don't have a clue where he was at that moment except that he was in some laboratory. But his business is running well. It is growing. With two stores, he do good business."

Bison

First Post
Patlin said:
Ironwolf scowls at the continued insults, wondering if it will be enough to cause Hulgyr to lose his temper.

ooc: I understand your position, and I make no complaint about how you choose to roleplay your character, but training to fight Orcs and refusing to accept that an individual Orc might be an OK guy are two seperate things. Not that they can't be found together, of course, but whether or not you want to play a Dwarf as antagonistic towards Orcs as a race is up to the player.

ooc well as for Droggle, this is also the first time he has ever been away from his homeland, and Dwarves are not known for thier tolerence of others. also good is no where to be found in his alignment ;)

ethandrul

First Post
ooc I'm not training to fight orcs- it's a racial bonus- my favored enemy is actually humans.
and he is only antagonistic because he is drunk

this topic has soured me buzz. I suggest a new topic- what are some of the local beasts in the area? the dwarf howls for more ale but joe decides to cut him off. Hmmmpph- probably for the best. I seem to have grown an extra boot

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf also decides to change topic. He fishes a burning necklace out of his shirt and plucks a small crystal off of it. He shows it to Opale and then tosses it into the air, where it begins to fly about the room.

He watches it fly, grinning.

"That's a new trick it's learned." He confides to those nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads