City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
orsal said:
Nurlan's ears perk up. "So you know Tor too? The most valiant warrior I have met. We fought goblins and chased a villainous thief together in Monemvassia.
"Yes indeed, he's a fierce fighter. We battled a were-creature together. Tough little guy he was, but thanks to Tor's silver scimitar we got him in the end."

Xael said:
"Well, the gliranite version of the spell doesn't require the pearls, but is a bit harder to cast. Let's say the cost for the Identify is either 5 gold pieces, or you let me copy a spell from your spellbook if you have something I like.", Almayce says while fiddling with his spellbook. "I'm always intersted in exhanging spells. I actually started a kind of a shop here, and craft minor magic items on demand and so on."

OOC: Almayce charges 10 gp for copying first level spells and 25 gp per spell level for copying spells of other level. He is interested in copying Hypnotic Pattern and Minor Image from Fimble (if he's approved for 3rd level soonish, and names a price for the copying). Almayce's spell list contains:

0th: All spells in PHB.
1st: All spells in PHB plus Ashnar's Mark, Disturb Equilibrium and Rays of Precise Force.
2nd: Alter Self, Command Undead, False Life, Fox's Cunning, Glitterdust, Invisibility, Knock, Levitate, Protection From Arrows, Rope Trick, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility, Spectral Hand.
3rd: Displacement, Fly, Phantom Steed, Shrink Item.
Fimble grins. "Usually I'm charged a hundred crowns to copy spells in this city! How about this: I'll gladly pay the five gold pieces for the identification services. And as for spell copying, here, let me show you what I've discovered recently..." Fimble opens his spellbook and launches into a short description of the effects of his newest spells, minor image, hypnotic pattern, invisibility, and cat's grace. "And those last two I just learned myself, copied them from a gentleman at the library. Interested? Very good, the illusion spells, my specialty!

"Now then, let me see what you have, good elf..."
Perusing Almayce's spellbook with the elf guiding him over his shoulder, Fimble picks out a few spells. "Hmm... yes, the personal appearance modification could be very useful, and the blinding dust too... And the one with the rope, how ingenious, I must know that one. And oh my, you have quite the collection here... the invisible servant would be nice, and the languages spell. Ah, I should learn identification magic as well. And oh, this is an illusion spell I'm not familiar with, a magic aura modifier? Good, good, and the one that transmutes weapons, that one too.

"So then, I'll trade you two spells of the second circle, purchase one more for 25 gold, and purchase those 5 of the first circle for 10 gold each. Plus the 5 gold for the identification service. All told... 80 gold pieces. Here you are, sir."
Fimble hands Almayce 8 platinum dragons.

Fimble will head out with Almayce to get the writing materials and spend the afternoon copying spells.

[sblock=OOC: ]That's...

alter self
glitterdust
rope trick
unseen servant
comprehend languages
identify
magic aura
magic weapon[/sblock]

B4cchus

Explorer
orsal said:
Nurlan smiles. "Henceforth when I sing The Gentle Orc for an audience I shall dedicate it to this Hulgyr. But I would appreciate if you would tell me more of this great and kindly orc."

As Eternity joins the conversation, Nurlan welcomes her. "If you have stories to tell, that I may better know this friend, I'd appreciate hearing them... what is your name, madam?"

Hearing his name mentioned several times, Hulgyr joins the conversation to find out what the fuss is all about "Uhm Hello! I am Hulgyr! Please meet you!"

Velmont

First Post
Opale grabs the book she was reading a moment earlier. "I need to inform myself a bit more. I should be back later today." As she take teh book, the small viper who was gathering the heat of teh candle quickly move and climb the wizardress arms and dissapear in her sleaves.

Opale leaves the Inn.

Richard Rawen

First Post
TheOcho said:
[sblock=ooc, Richard]
We can work something out on the time frame. Hmm, how about we just set it as after each adventure you go on it is 10% until paid. That way you more than likely will have the funds to pay it off as soon as you get back from the next adventure you go on. If that is good for you then I would be more than happy to lend you the money. If you can think of something better I am all ears.[/sblock]

OOC: as long as the terms are agreed to by Richard:

"There you go good man." Maladar says as he hands over 75 crowns to Richard. "I am glad to see the weight lifted from your shoulders." Smiling he continues, "Having a warrior such as yourself stressing over something that doesn't involving bashing heads in just doesn't seem right."

Taking the coin, Richard shakes hands with Maladar and says with quite a bit of excitement, "When you see the blade you'll understand what I'm so worked up about."

BigB said:
I am happy to share my recent good luck. Khairi takes a seat and watches the crowd as though looking for someone.

Your help is most appreciated, I'll return soon with the reason for all this trouble and you'll see why I needed the coin.

Azmodaen said:
Looks over to Richard. "Well my good man, if you do need some more money I'd be more than happy to help. I don't have much but I'd be happy to give some of what I've got."

Holds out a bag of gold coins towards Richard "There is about 20g in there and I have more."

Richard is somewhat overcome by the generosity, "I uh, that is, thank you, I believe I have almost enough... I will return what I do not use. Looking at the proffered bag of gold the large young man just smiles and takes the offering from the generous man.

Last edited:

Lot

First Post
Azmodaen said:
Ash looks over to Lokin. Heya Lokin, I'm Ash. I was wondering if I could have a roll of the die? ash smiles politely and starts to take a swig of his ale.

Lokin slides the dice across the table towards Ash.

"Well, I'm sitting out this round of the main game. I'm just finishing off the smaller pot I had going with Valan before. But I'm sure we can both get in on the next horde when someone wins this one. That is, unless someone needing a swordsman comes by in the next few minutes."

Lokin leans back and takes a moment to look around the room.

"I take it no dragons appeared since I was around, right?"

Patlin

Explorer
orsal said:
Nurlan smiles. "Henceforth when I sing The Gentle Orc for an audience I shall dedicate it to this Hulgyr. But I would appreciate if you would tell me more of this great and kindly orc."

As Eternity joins the conversation, Nurlan welcomes her. "If you have stories to tell, that I may better know this friend, I'd appreciate hearing them... what is your name, madam?"

"A bunch of us travelled into the hinterlands to come to the aid of a small village under a curse." Ironwolf recounts. "Once their, we met a woman named Aglia who claimed to be a priestess of Hyrag, and who offered to lead us into an underground complex which was home to the unholy power behind the curse. She was a deciever, though, and no true priestess of Hyrag. She sought to steal the power behind the curse, rather than to end it, and tried to seduce us over to the side of evil. Hulgyr refused her, and showed great courage in the battle against her, foiling her planned seduction and destroying many of her evil minions. His bravery and refusal to abandon the villagers to an evil fate allowed us to learn of a cure for the affliction upon the villagers, and to survive long enough to bring them that cure. Aglia, unfortunately, escaped with a significant amount of unholy power, and still poses a threat that any of us might face."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Ooh, propaganda! :lol: I guess best not to mention that Hulgyr is the one that got Aglaia the dark power or that Aglaia is the one that gave them the info for the cure unsolicited ;))

orsal

LEW Judge
Patlin said:
"A bunch of us travelled into the hinterlands to come to the aid of a small village under a curse." Ironwolf recounts. "Once their, we met a woman named Aglia who claimed to be a priestess of Hyrag, and who offered to lead us into an underground complex which was home to the unholy power behind the curse. She was a deciever, though, and no true priestess of Hyrag. She sought to steal the power behind the curse, rather than to end it, and tried to seduce us over to the side of evil. Hulgyr refused her, and showed great courage in the battle against her, foiling her planned seduction and destroying many of her evil minions. His bravery and refusal to abandon the villagers to an evil fate allowed us to learn of a cure for the affliction upon the villagers, and to survive long enough to bring them that cure. Aglia, unfortunately, escaped with a significant amount of unholy power, and still poses a threat that any of us might face."

"Truly heroic", Nurlan agrees. "The names of both the hero Hulgyr and the villain Aglaia will be heard when I perform for crowds."

Azmodaen

First Post
Smiles politely to Richard as he takes the bag of gold. "No problem at all sir. I wish you luck in getting the rest."

Lot said:
Lokin slides the dice across the table towards Ash.

"Well, I'm sitting out this round of the main game. I'm just finishing off the smaller pot I had going with Valan before. But I'm sure we can both get in on the next horde when someone wins this one. That is, unless someone needing a swordsman comes by in the next few minutes."

Lokin leans back and takes a moment to look around the room.

"I take it no dragons appeared since I was around, right?"

Grins as he picks up the dice "Thanks Lokin."

He flicks a coin into the pot then rolls the dice:

Horde (1d6=3, 1d6=6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads